Thread: A new twist to an old favorite...

A new twist to an old favorite...

I got looking at the topo maps of Blascksmith fork canyon the other night and decided I would go exploring today. this usually results in something great if not a bit overwhelming and today was no exception. I rode up Leatham Hollow (about 100 yards after the gate at the beginning of the Left hand Fork road). From the top of Leatham Hollow, I followed the Shoshone ATV trail for several miles until I hit the top of Richard's Hollow. After a truely enjoyable descent to the bottom of Richard's, it was an easy 5 mile spin back to the car.

The end result was a fantastic ride that I'm not sure that anyone has ever done before.

Here's the stats: About 25 miles (felt like a lot more), 5800 vertical feet of climbing, too many rock gardens and tree roots and logs to count, a package of Clif Shot Bloks, a Clif Bar, 2 gels, and three bottles of Gatorade. Oh yeah and about 6 hours...

The pics.........................

The sign at the spring about 1.5 miles up the trail.

Typical trail climbing out of Leatham Hollow. It wasn't all this nice and mellow though.

A view looking back down at what I just rode up.

More of the trail in Leatham Hollow.

One of the many ugly parts on the climb up the Shoshone trail.

The views were stellar.

Cheesy self portrait at the end of the ride...

Here's a map.

The trail gets a little confusing in a few spots and there are a lot of forks in the trail. Luckily, I only took one wrong turn, but had pretty good luck otherwise. To help you out, if you are interested, I can send you a GPS track file for Garmin users. I would post it here for download, but .tcx files are not allowed.

In the end, this is a great ride for strong riders. If you are not a fan of long distances and lots of steep hills to ride up, I probably wouldn't do this as you may regret it. I personally loved it, but I am fairly masochistic that way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Whew! Looks like a mighty tough ride. That sure is a pretty area up Left Hand.

Definitely looks like a quad burner!

Wow!

I have ridden parts of that trail. However, the bike I was riding was self propelled by twisting the throttle.

Was that you that chewed up the top part of the climb up Leatham Hollow? Someone had been up there digging a trench in the steeps at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    Was that you that chewed up the top part of the climb up Leatham Hollow? Someone had been up there digging a trench in the steeps at the top.
    Uhhhh nope. I would never do that.

I rode around those parts a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    Uhhhh nope. I would never do that.

I rode around those parts a couple years ago.
    I didn't think so. Just giving you a hard time.