Thread: Anasazi Trail TR 8/30/08

Anasazi Trail TR 8/30/08

Anasazi Trail wasn't too bad today. Kent and me made good time climbing 550ft to the top, But i think i pushed myself to my limit today. I was feeling good untill I got 50ft from the top. We had a nice break took some photos and Kent took off for the top. I stayed for a second and just when i was about to get going this happend yep four times. too bad Kent wasn't around because that would have been a sweet photo After That i wasn't doing so good. I made it to the top and rode down to the petroglyphs and took a break. Kent went down the cliff edge and got pictures while i stayed on top tring to walk off my sickness. other then that very uneventfull for me. i decided instead of going back through the rough rock gardens and slick rock, I decided it would be best to ride the highway back to santa clara.

I didn't get that many photos because i was to busy feeling sick but i know Kent got some great photos. hopefuly he willl upload them soon. but to hold you over here are my pictures.

^^blurry

^^ looking back

Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Haha, I just posted a TR without checking to see if you had first....I'll just add my pics here and delete the other thread....

Maybe I'll toss some more pics in later once I have a chance to go over what I have. I didn't take too many of the trail, TONS of the petroglyphs and some of the view.

I haven't done this trail yet. Where is it again? And what's the rough mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I haven't done this trail yet. Where is it again? And what's the rough mileage?
    http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/anasazi.htm

We got on at the graveyard trailhead which is on the far west end of Santa Clara (at least I assume it is still Santa Clara). You can also get on where we ended which is on the eastern end of Ivins if not the start of another city...you'd think I'd know the name of since I live in Ivins.

If you ride it out and back it's 6.6 I believe (from what umb.com said).

It's really not that "fun" of a ride at all, just another trail. If it weren't for it being so close and having all that rock art I'd probably not hit it again for a long time (til I'd hit all the others in the area). But since it's close enough for me to ride to either trailhead from the house I'll hit it up some time when I'm itching for a ride late at night.

A few more...and of course the only picture of a real person came out blurry.