Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday ride invite 9-2-08: Solitude

Tuesday ride invite 9-2-08: Solitude

The weekly race series is finally over so we can hit the trails at Solitude this Tuesday http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/solitude.htm

We will meet along the road just outside of the lower parking lot at 6pm

Anyone who would like to join in is welcome

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ahhh yeah we finally get to hit Solitude. Sweet trail!

The days are getting shorter . . .if ya'll wanna ride you better get on it.

I was thinking about hitting Mueller Park, but screw it. I haven't hit this yet. I'll be there.

Wha-hooo!! I think I might be able to make this one!!!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Ok this will be tough for me to pull off. But if Treehugger is going to be there.. I want to ride with another Bogley Lady. Keeping my fingers crossed I can make it!!
    Chere'

Hey, I'd like to tag along. Are you going to ride the standard loop? What skill level is everyone? I'm sometimes sport and other times expert depending on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by k2beastin
    Hey, I'd like to tag along. Are you going to ride the standard loop? What skill level is everyone? I'm sometimes sport and other times expert depending on the day.
    We do a loop, not sure if it is full. I think so, past the pond and down kruiser or whatever. We have all diff skill levels. Some eat dust on the uphill and others on the downhill.

Hey, welcome to bogley.

Welcome aboard K2Beastin...I'm QuenteK25 from mtbr.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Ok this will be tough for me to pull off. But if Treehugger is going to be there.. I want to ride with another Bogley Lady. Keeping my fingers crossed I can make it!!
    I'd so love to ride with you! I'm hoping I'll be back in the swing of things by then, I'm assuming I will. I threw my back out and am mending - had to cancel our riding trip this weekend so I dont aggravate it more - gotta get good so I can start training for 24 Hours of Moab in earnest. I'm pretty sure I'll be good Tuesday, though. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

PS - I want to see YOUR new bike!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Welcome aboard K2Beastin...I'm QuenteK25 from mtbr.
    Yea thanks I recognize QuenteK25, see you later this year hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    I'd so love to ride with you! I'm hoping I'll be back in the swing of things by then, I'm assuming I will. I threw my back out and am mending - had to cancel our riding trip this weekend so I dont aggravate it more - gotta get good so I can start training for 24 Hours of Moab in earnest. I'm pretty sure I'll be good Tuesday, though. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

PS - I want to see YOUR new bike!!
    I LOVE MY NEW BIKE!!! Now if I could just stay on it.
    Chere'

Hey I hate to bail out on you all, but a last minute event prevents me from doing so, yes an event even more important than riding VERY RARE. I'll catch you all on the next one. Thanks.

I would like to ride this trail, will there be any downhill sections ? Beech call me, I will follow you up to the parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    I would like to ride this trail, will there be any downhill sections ? Beech call me, I will follow you up to the parking area.
    Cool. And hopefully I'll follow somebody else to the parking area.

YAHOO! I will see you all there for sure.
    Chere'

With the wetness of the weekend storm, is this ride still on? Does anybody have more info on which parking lot you're meeting at?
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    With the wetness of the weekend storm, is this ride still on? Does anybody have more info on which parking lot you're meeting at?
    from past experience I think the trail will be fine, mountain soil drains quickly, we may have a few puddles and one wet section.

We are meeting at the lower parking area but we may want to park along the road outside the gate, they sometimes lock it up before we are done riding.

I can also meet at the park and ride, at the mouth of the canyon at around 5:30 if anyone is interested in a carpool.

Is the lower parking area the first parking lot you come to near the Moonbeam Center?
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    Is the lower parking area the first parking lot you come to near the Moonbeam Center?
    Yep, first parking lot. I am ready to roll!