Thread: Technical Support

Technical Support

THIS IS INDIA. IT'S WHERE YOU CALL WHEN YOU HAVE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM WITH YOUR COMPUTER.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Reminds me of the show A Chritmas Story...

"Well there's just one too many"

I like in the last pic how the blue tri-cycles have a wire under their handle bars. That should keep them from getting stolen.
    The man thong is wrong.

Think of it this way. They have to be really smart there to be able to do that job with what they are given.

"I have no words for you" - Indian tech support guy at a major credit card call center a few months back when he was stumped for an answer.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

Dell tech support in india!

F bomb warning

Has anyone actually gotten a satisfactory response or solution when reaching one of these call centers? I haven't, or if I did it wasn't understandable.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Bogley BigShot
    I think some hotels use them use them for reservations too. It's a pain because I can't understand what they are saying, but it's good to help out people that have less than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Has anyone actually gotten a satisfactory response or solution when reaching one of these call centers? I haven't, or if I did it wasn't understandable.
    Yeah, I have. A couple of years ago after running a Windows Update I could no longer print through my home/office network. I tried everything I could think of. I called tech support and got one of the smartest computer techies that I have ever talked to. Eventually he had to take control of my computer for awhile and got it figured out. It was very weird watching someone else running my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Yeah, I have. A couple of years ago after running a Windows Update I could no longer print through my home/office network. I tried everything I could think of. I called tech support and got one of the smartest computer techies that I have ever talked to. Eventually he had to take control of my computer for awhile and got it figured out. It was very weird watching someone else running my computer.
    Glad to hear it. Actually, I recognize their strong technical knowledge, but we have trouble communicating. Not necessarily their fault, they speak my language much better than I speak theirs. However, if they are to replace English-speaking Americans (not all are), they should have stricter communication standards.
    Stan

American born and raised call handlers leave a lot to be desired as well. Just try calling COMCAST or credit card companies. I lost my Chase CC last year and called in to report it. The woman asked which of my two CCs was lost so I gave her the last 4 digits twice or three times. Then I go to pay for groceries couple of days later and it turns out my other Chase CC comes up as lost or stolen. They cancelled the one CC I had while the other was missing and still active. We apologize for the inconvenience sir. We'll go ahead and cancel the other card for you. You should receive your replacement cards in a couple of weeks! F-ing morons.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

You're right. They can't afford to hire the brightest and best. It may be coincidence, but my luck has been better when dealing with Americans. At least they can usually be made to understand the problem, and I can eventually understand their response. There are exceptions, of course, and I ask for a supervisor. Worst part is, no matter who you talk to, there is no way they will/can change policy, make an exception or refer it to someone who can.

I have to say, in the three months I've been dealing with BrightHouse cable, I've called several times and have consistently gotten excellent help.
    Stan