Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ogden Shoreline tonight

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Oh I need to bike more.

Thanx!
    Chere.....you have given me inspiration. I have been pondering on whether or not I want to invest in a Mountain Bike and hit the trails. Hubby rolls his eyes when I tell him I'd like to try. But I think I can do it???!!!! I think the road rash is the best part.....tells the story. HAHA!! You are my hero!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Oh I need to bike more.

Thanx!
    Chere.....you have given me inspiration. I have been pondering on whether or not I want to invest in a Mountain Bike and hit the trails. Hubby rolls his eyes when I tell him I'd like to try. But I think I can do it???!!!! I think the road rash is the best part.....tells the story. HAHA!! You are my hero!
    You should definitely get a mountain bike! You absolutely can do it.... I dont know how old you are (a lot younger than I am, I'm sure) but I started mountain biking when I was 31, never too late. Road rash sucks, not the best part, I can assure you, :-) , but it comes with the territory, you must learn to love it and embrace it. The best part is the utter and absolute joy and freedom you feel as you are flyin' down a flowy, sweeping stretch of singletrack, giggling and laughing and LIVING.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's awesome... all the bumps, bruises, scars and blood fade away in the distance and pure unadulterated joy takes over.

YEp, you should definitely get a mountain bike!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Oh I need to bike more.

Thanx!
    You should definitely get a mountain bike! You absolutely can do it.... I dont know how old you are (a lot younger than I am, I'm sure) but I started mountain biking when I was 31, never too late. Road rash sucks, not the best part, I can assure you, :-) , but it comes with the territory, you must learn to love it and embrace it. The best part is the utter and absolute joy and freedom you feel as you are flyin' down a flowy, sweeping stretch of singletrack, giggling and laughing and LIVING.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's awesome... all the bumps, bruises, scars and blood fade away in the distance and pure unadulterated joy takes over.

YEp, you should definitely get a mountain bike!

Ok, DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could I possibly say NO with the amounts of convincing in the above comment? HAHA!!!! I'm going to do it you guys. I've been pondering, it's time to get off my ass and just DO IT.

Atta girl!!

How tall are you? (I dont think you're as tall as I am...5'9") If you can fit my bike we could go out for a ride at Round Valley - a great "beginner" trail, you can use my FS and I'll ride my new one. Or rent one and we'll go out and you can get a feel for it. I love introducing women to the sport! I started a Women's Mountain Biking Symposium in MI to teach women about mountain biking, it was awesome,we would have 60-80 women at each event. Anyway, think about it and let me know if you want to go for a ride, we can grab Blue Eyes and make it a girl's day out...
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I'd love to go! I'm a whooping 5'3 so I may end up renting a bike? Only thing is, I have quite the drive to get over to your neck of the woods (5 1/2 hours). I'd for sure have to make a weekend out of it. I was also thinking of renting a bike and heading out to Fruita, CO where I hear the trails are fairly easy, rolling single track to give it a whirl. In any case, we should look ahead and make something happen pre-snow!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Abirken,

What are you waiting for??? Get a bike and get riding! We need a girls trip. Wouldn't that be fun.

Treehugger, I am hoping to be there tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed. As of right now I still don't have a sitter. I am working on it. Hopefully a miracle will happen and Mary Poppins will come to visit.
    Chere'

I'd love to go! I'm a whooping 5'3 so I may end up renting a bike? Only thing is, I have quite the drive to get over to your neck of the woods (5 1/2 hours). I'd for sure have to make a weekend out of it. I was also thinking of renting a bike and heading out to Fruita, CO where I hear the trails are fairly easy, rolling single track to give it a whirl. In any case, we should look ahead and make something happen pre-snow!
    Where do you live??!!!

Glenwood Springs Colorado! Along I-70.....about 90 miles East of Grand Junction. 180 miles West of Denver. 40 miles from Aspen. 60 miles from Vail. Yup! Kind of in the middle.

Great vid & pics. I love the Shoreline TR's, it looks like a great trail system. I'm curious is it one long trail or broken up into segments from Ogden down to SLC? That's a huge trailhead in the end of the video it must get a lot of weekend use.
    I'm not in Utah, but I like Utah, really..

Don't let anything hold you back from riding woman!! You sound like a small to medium frame (bike) but find a medium, drop the seat, and RIDE!
    (i got out on my bike this week...don't tell my doctor )

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Don't let anything hold you back from riding woman!!

I agree

Alison you can go to a local bike shop and rent a mountain bike for the day for a reasonable price. Try an easy trail out, and if you love it you can buy a bike. I've found you can get killer deals on used bikes.

Don't let anything hold you back from riding woman!! You sound like a small to medium frame (bike) but find a medium, drop the seat, and RIDE!
    (i got out on my bike this week...don't tell my doctor )

Have I ever told you that I love it when a man calls a woman "WOMAN"? HAHA!!!!!!! Yes sir! Getting out there this weekend. ;) Will take photos of my battle wounds...... Have a great place in town to rent mountain bikes in my SIZE (small).

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

I agree

Alison you can go to a local bike shop and rent a mountain bike for the day for a reasonable price. Try an easy trail out, and if you love it you can buy a bike. I've found you can get killer deals on used bikes.

Shaun- You were totally reading my mind!!! I am going out this weekend and looking forward to it. And if I love it and don't kill myself, then I will totally be looking for a good used bike.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    You go girl!!
    Chere'

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

I agree

Shaun- You were totally reading my mind!!! I am going out this weekend and looking forward to it. And if I love it and don't kill myself, then I will totally be looking for a good used bike.
    Oh for a second there I thought you were going to follow greyhair's advice and ride women. Mountain biking is fun too in a different way.

Oh for a second there I thought you were going to follow greyhair's advice and ride women. Mountain biking is fun too in a different way.
    Been there, done that. It's not all it's cracked up to be so I prefer a bike. *teasing*********

Seriously don't want this to end up in the rubbish bin.