Thread: Utah Caves Blog

Utah Caves Blog

A buddy of mine and I have started this blog to keep track of Utah Caves. We have over 50 caves now.
    http://utahcaves.blogspot.com/
    I've heard it estimated there are over 600 caves in Utah. We've got a ways to go to hit them all
    Lots of cool caves in this state. Let's go get underground Bogley
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

i need to visit this area of bogley more often, really cool man!

I love the mini-stalagmite picture. I am not usually much for blogs, but I look forward to reading yours.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I love the mini-stalagmite picture. I am not usually much for blogs, but I look forward to reading yours.
    If you look close, you can see a little crystal growing inside the drop of water.

Way cool. I hadn't noticed.

Utah Caves

Thanks for the comments Disc Go. Jeff and I have had a lot of fun putting this site together. It is always good to hear people enjoying it.

Re: Utah Caves

Quote Originally Posted by bigrockman
    Thanks for the comments Disc Go. Jeff and I have had a lot of fun putting this site together. It is always good to hear people enjoying it.
    Now that Bigrockman is on bogley, I can give him the props for that pic of the stalactite.

What kind of camera do you guys bring caving? I have a waterproof \ shockproof camera that I can bring but I would never bring my nice camera in a cave and it seems like you can't get these high quality pictures with a normal point and shoot camera.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    What kind of camera do you guys bring caving? I have a waterproof \ shockproof camera that I can bring but I would never bring my nice camera in a cave and it seems like you can't get these high quality pictures with a normal point and shoot camera.
    I have a point and shoot. It's a pentax optio. I like it bc it's water and dust proof. But it doesn't take as nice as pics as some. I just snap a whole bunch of pics and get lucky occasionally.

Pics

I am using an pentax optio water/shock resistant camera as well. The camera does not have to be to notch to get a good shot, you just need to know a few good lighting tricks.

Nothin' worse than finding out it is operator error :)