Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cedar Mountain Today with ~tanya

Cedar Mountain Today with ~tanya

What a beautiful day...and a beautiful woman to share it with!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

After Cascade Falls "The watersource of the North Fork" which feeds the Zion Narrows, we meandered over to the Bristlecone Pine Trail before heading into Cedar for some "Authentic" Mexican lunch!

5. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    photos of ~tanya

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    After Cascade Falls "The watersource of the North Fork" which feeds the Zion Narrows, we meandered over to the Bristlecone Pine Trail before heading into Cedar for some "Authentic" Mexican lunch!

I like this one. Here are a couple of you from today. It was an awesome day. Thanks Bo! .. and thanks for lunch and even shopping with me after.

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Bo, you are such a nice guy to take Tanya on trips like that. Always giving, man.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck

I like this one. Here are a couple of you from today. It was an awesome day. Thanks Bo! .. and thanks for lunch and even shopping with me after.

Always a pleasure Tanya! Thanks for the great time!

Great to see you two out and about. Is Cascade Falls trail open now? Last time I was there it was closed for repairs.

Now, more importantly, tell me about the Mexican place in Cedar. Someone asked us about one last week and I didn't know. Is it in a white house?

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Now, more importantly, tell me about the Mexican place in Cedar. Someone asked us about one last week and I didn't know. Is it in a white house?
    Humm . . . Let me take a guess. Having spent the last 5 years in Cedar I'd have to say the best would be Lupitas or Don Miguels. Now there is other places in Cedar for Mexican, but I'm sticking that they ate at one of the two best. Lupitas or La Casa de Don Miguels.

Oh yeah! I was also curious if they fixed the trail yet? I was there in OCT or NOV and it was thrashed. I'm sure I have some pics of the thrashed trail around here somewhere.

Also, has anyone ever gone back in that crevice where the water comes out? I keep hearing it goes no where but haven't been able to see for myself yet. Didn't have a flashlight with me at the time.

Bogley BigShot
    Great to see you two out and about. Is Cascade Falls trail open now? Last time I was there it was closed for repairs.

Win

The sign said it was closed and the trail was a mess, but we and others went anyway. We did not actually notice the trail closed sign until we were on our way back.

I liked the avacado burrito that I had, but Bo said his food was too salty and he did not even finish it. It was a busy little place. I would go there again. It was a converted house. I don't remember the color, but coming into town from Highway 14 area it's on the left headed toward Walmart. It felt good to be out hiking again. Next week Bo will be out of town so I need someone to sweep me off my feet and take me out.

You guys are looking great!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    Oh yeah! I was also curious if they fixed the trail yet? I was there in OCT or NOV and it was thrashed. I'm sure I have some pics of the thrashed trail around here somewhere.

Also, has anyone ever gone back in that crevice where the water comes out? I keep hearing it goes no where but haven't been able to see for myself yet. Didn't have a flashlight with me at the time.

Not me. That would be kinda scary, but I would be backup for anyone who wants to venture into a dark hole with water flowing. I assume it's safe but I hate running water.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    You guys are looking great!

Thanks Felcia. I quit going to work and working on myself these days, so I am going to just keep getting fitter. Going to join some new dance classes too. I feel great!!!!!

Bo however is getting surgery for a torn rotator cuff mid-September and will be out for a while.

Win

I liked the avacado burrito that I had, but Bo said his food was too salty and he did not even finish it. It was a busy little place. I would go there again. It was a converted house. I don't remember the color, but coming into town from Highway 14 area it's on the left headed toward Walmart. It felt good to be out hiking again. Next week Bo will be out of town so I need someone to sweep me off my feet and take me out.
    Sounds like you guys ate at La Casa de Don Miguals. Is it right on Main Street towards the south end of town?

I'll be down in the area canyoneering with Karl this weekend.

How dare Bo want to visit his mom & have surgury. There are canyons to do, and I need SAR with me on those big ones. j/k Hope you have a speady recovery Bo.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Humm . . . Let me take a guess. Having spent the last 5 years in Cedar I'd have to say the best would be Lupitas or Don Miguels. Now there is other places in Cedar for Mexican, but I'm sticking that they ate at one of the two best. Lupitas or La Casa de Don Miguels.

I am not sure? I don't remember the name.

Bogley BigShot

Win

Sounds like you guys ate at La Casa de Don Miguals. Is it right on Main Street towards the south end of town?

I'll be down in the area canyoneering with Karl this weekend.

How dare Bo want to visit his mom & have surgury. There are canyons to do, and I need SAR with me on those big ones. j/k Hope you have a speady recovery Bo.

Have you decided what canyon you are going to do?

I think you have the restaurant pegged

No we don't have a canyon yet. Maybe Fat Man Misery or Birch combo.

Bogley BigShot
    Bo was telling me he heard there are some dangerous gases in the tunnel the water flows from. Anyone know anything about that?

Bogley BigShot
    No we don't have a canyon yet. Maybe Fat Man Misery or Birch/Walker combo.

I have Walker on my want to do list!

I love Birch and Fat Man's too!

I am finally going to do a canyon with Ram! I am excited. I am sort of scared not going with Shane or Bo though. I have only done two canyons without them and those were my firsts -- with Tom and another guy not in this group. Shane, if I remember right, took me on my 3rd canyon ever, but all the ones I did at first were all within the same week or so.

Bo was telling me he heard there are some dangerous gases in the tunnel the water flows from. Anyone know anything about that?
    I heard something similar. Though I heard it was about the lack of oxygen.