Thread: Metallica's New Single...

Metallica's New Single...

Just heard Metallica's New single on theblazeonline.com and must say...it is very reminscent of the earlier days. I was very happy to hear Kirk shredding like he does best.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Leave No Trace

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If there is one band i hate more than the new kids on the block, it's Metallica.

Agreed. Metallica is nothing without Dave Mustaine!
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Agreed. Metallica is nothing without Dave Mustaine!
    To each is own.

I must say that most fans I've come in contact with don't agree with either of you. The Godsmack/Metallica show at the E Center a couple years back (03 I think) was absolutely sick and the thousands who attended would agree.

Call em sell outs or whatever else you'd like, but I'll continue to rock with them. Mustaine was good (but he was no god) and the band has changed quite a bit since those days. Some kind of monster was probably one of the worst albums of any metal band ever...

And i must say--never did I ever think I'd see New Kids on the Block in the same sentence as Metallica. Pretty funny actually.

But, like I said--to each his own.
    Leave No Trace

The album is out in Sept. 12th I do believe. It will be a great day. Metallica Rocks!
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    deathcricket and captain i am truly puzzled.

Each to his own. I would have loved to seen Metallica in concert but I was starving student at the time.
    Chere'

I've seen them a few times. Each succeeding concert would be less exciting for me.

There's just something about Kirk Hammett..... Dave Mustaine is definitely a better guitarist.

Saw them in a small venue when I was 15 in Houston.....maybe 300 people some small club, can't remember the name? They rocked and I didn't really know who they were. Saw them again in '88, bigger venue.......still rocked, knew who they were and became sold on their tunes. And again, TWO times in 89. Still rocked out. Saw them in 92, they sold out and I never went back.............Then saw them on Oprah crying and bitching at each other, whining like pussies, trying to make amends for stupid ego drama and I seriously NEVER went back. The bad-ass factor seriously fizzled after James asked for a tissue...........I think the episode was better suited for Dr. Phil. Sorry guys.

I am so with you Abirken. The old Metallica was and still is awesome. Everything Load on....complete $H!T. Dave Mustaine is a FAR better musician than the rest. And Some Kind of Monster??? WTF was that? I remember when Acca bought the CD and we listened to it while working in the garage. I made me sick.

i like turtles
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I thought it was great when Alice In Chains gave them crap on MTV unplugged. They said they were going to play an LL Cool J song and it was Enter Sandman. Then the bassist had written on his bass "friends don't let friends cut your hair". Classic moment. Also one of the best performance to come from that series.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    I thought it was great when Alice In Chains gave them crap on MTV unplugged. They said they were going to play an LL Cool J song and it was Enter Sandman. Then the bassist had written on his bass "friends don't let friends cut your hair". Classic moment. Also one of the best performance to come from that series.
    AGREED that was quite classic!

I love the Alice In Chains Unplugged. It's one of my all time favorites and an any time "go to" album.

RIP Layne Staley.

I oh so miss the era of Grunge. A lot of great music came out then. Thank you Seattle!

As for Metallica, I think that their music after they "sold out" is actually very good. I think that they became much better musicians overall and their songs were not so much about playing as fast as they possibly could and actually have some melody. They have definitely lost some of that "bad ass factor" as abirken stated. But I say they can still kick some rock n roll ass. I will continue to enjoy their contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    i like turtles
    I like puppies and cliff-type vistas

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    i like turtles
    I like puppies and cliff-type vistas

Wrong thread guys. This is a thread about Metallica. The pet and animal thread is probably a couple pages back in the GENERAL category.

St. Anger was their last album. Some kind of monster was a television documentary.

Yeah they used to be hard . . .old news.

I am going to download it illegally and share it with everyone I know just to make Lars have to wait on that gold-platted shark tank he wants.

Lars sucks and so does Metallica!

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    I am going to download it illegally and share it with everyone I know just to make Lars have to wait on that gold-platted shark tank he wants.

Lars sucks and so does Metallica!

James

Yup that was the other reason they pissed me off........the whole Napster ordeal. Whining like little girls about song sharing. Third strike, they were out in my book.

Still unimpressed. I enjoyed the slipknow videos I found after the metallica videos though.