Thread: Any St. George MTBers in the house?

Any St. George MTBers in the house?

Any St. George MTBers in the house? or am I alone?

I was just wondering because I think it would be nice to set up a group ride, like the northern mtbers are doing.

i'm guessing that i'm alone.

cheers,
    Dave.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Bo and I do.

But we don't ride bikes.

That looks bad. I was ran over by a car similar to this - I had both legs and one arm ran over. You have no idea how much it hurts to have the black top dug out of your skin.

Re: Any St. George MTBers in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by theking648
    Any St. George MTBers in the house? or am I alone?

I was just wondering because I think it would be nice to set up a group ride, like the northern mtbers are doing.

i'm guessing that i'm alone.
    cheers,
    Dave.
    Dave, you might try hooking up with Guy Smith? He owns Precision Window Cleaning service along with his wife Crystal. I'm not too sure if he looks for others to ride with because he is very much into competitive riding, but it might be that he enjoys having others with him? I think he told me that he recently rode Strawberry Point to Woods Ranch and back in something like 3 hours on a single speed? I also know that he often hooks up with others to put teams together for races in and around Eastern Utah? He's a really nice person, and is EXTREMELY fit and I'm quite certain a very talented MTNBiker. I think he used to ride professionally? Also you might talk to the folks at Red Rock Cyclery or Bicycles Unlimited. These are two of the local Bike shops. I bet they have info as to organized rides?

Cheers,
    Bo

Thanks for the tip. I’m more of a fat rider. Take it slow and have lots of breaks. I did sign up for the group rides email list for red rock but I haven't received any info yet. I think they might be waiting for it to cool down a little bit. I usually ride at 7:00am and it’s not really hot that early in the morning. I was just looking for other riders because my friends like to puss out on me.
    I think we might do Bearclaw poppy again this Saturday but that is still 50%

Hey, I'm here and some peer pressure could do me some good. I haven't been riding as much as I should and I'm not pro/fast rider either. I'm not a snail that you're gonna have to always wait for by any means (if you really are the fat rider you claim to be at least), just out of biking shape.

You're going this Saturday at 7am? I've heard good things about the Bearclaw poppy trail, just haven't hit it since it sounds so popular, didn't want to ride a crowded trail. Is that not the case?

O ya I forgot that you moved down here.

I’m not the fastest but I’m not the slowest.. I go for 2 mile bike rides everyday

We were riding on Thursdays and Wednesdays but now that school has started for my friends we had to move it to the only day that they could do it which is a Saturday that is until it cools down then we'll do it after school.

mtbing this Saturday is still off and on. I am trying to see if he can go and if we can get vehicles to shuttle. I think we might have 3 people me included but if we get more then we might have to do two trucks and two cars.

It might be busy on a Saturday, but I don’t know because I’ve never gone on a Saturday. I don’t think it will be that bad. We only saw one person on the Thursday that we went biking

idk we'll see if we have a plan tomorrow

my friend isn't going to go so bearclaw poppy trail is off.

but i'm still down for doing a trail this weekend or weekday. i was thinking the JEM loop would be nice.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Also check out Cedar Cylcle in Cedar City if you ever travel through to hit some of those Mt trails. At certain times I remember a dedicated bunch of customers living in the store when I dropped by.

We try to make it down there a couple of times a year. Some of us are thinking next month, although I may not make it.

But October is looking very good.

We usually pack 4 trails in.

JEM went well today, tiring, but a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    We try to make it down there a couple of times a year. Some of us are thinking next month, although I may not make it.

But October is looking very good.

We usually pack 4 trails in.

please let me know when your down here, and if your coming down that soon then i'll buy my shirt in person.