Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gallon Challenge

The Gallon Challenge

As many of you know, this involves drinking a gallon of milk within 1 hour and then keeping it down for one hour.

Well, myself, bro-inlaws, brothers, nephews, sister-in-law sister, all attempted this feat. We thought to make it more enjoyable we would use chocolate milk.

We all failed.

8 gallons of chocolate milk later...
    The nephews, at best, made it to half a gallon. All puked .
    Wes, the bro-inlaw, took down about 3/4 of it in 15 minutes. Puked.
    Shane, the brother, took down about 7/8 of it and never puked, he did not ever finish the jug.
    Myself, got down about 3/4 of the jug and puked at the 50 minute mark. Only got up about half of what I drank... I was sick the rest of the night.
    The sister of the sister-inlaw got down about 7/8 of it and puked right on the 1 hour mark. She lost it all...

There was chocolate milk (regurgetated) everywhere. I'm not drinking chocolate milk for a long long time.
    I would post up pics but I didn't think you would want pics of people puking up brown milk.

Anyone else dumb enough to attempt this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yikes! Disgusting!

Never tried this - don't plan to. Did the Century Club 15 years ago. 1 ounce of beer a minute for 100 minutes. No puking, and NO PEEING. Real Canadian 5% beer, mind you, not Utah or other US beer. Made it to the end.

Ah, the things you do in Air Traffic Control school...

I've always wondered about that. Although milk is my favorite beverage, I never took on that challenge. I cannot see how that end result is what happens to everybody when they try it. Not enough love for the milk maybe? You should have used the video camera on that challenge

There was tape rolling. Not mine though. I'll see if I can get some snippets.

We need to see the pics.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I never heard of this before. As a kid, I frequently drank a quart or even more, but a gallon? I don't know if I could do it or not.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Thats crazy. I don't even think I could finish a half gallon.

I was watching the discovery channel about competitive eaters and they can drink an entire gallon in under a minute. I think they switch between water and milk or mix if half and half I can't recall. But they can drink 2 or 3 gallons in an hour, while trying to stretch out their stomachs. I always thought that would overload your kidneys and kill you, but apparently that is not the case.

Anyways if you do try it again, they said the trick is to fill up your stomach as quickly as possible, then stand (not lay) to help your body process it. Something about gravity helping you out. Do not start drinking again even if you think you can. Topping off makes you more likely to puke. Wait for 10-15 mins for your body to process as much as possible, then drink as much as possible in another sitting, wait, repeat. Granted I'm just repeating what he said, never attempted. i just find it fascinating what the human body is capable of.

Oh yeah and I'm a sympathy puker. No pics please!

I think it's a competition with disgusting side effects. But I'd like to see pics and your faces
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

That is what happens when you get a bunch of rednecks together. Sounds like a good time.
    The man thong is wrong.

The vids and pics would be things to see Puking is not so bad

Great topic.

Of course you know that the peeps on bogley want to see pictures and video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Yikes! Disgusting!

Never tried this - don't plan to. Did the Century Club 15 years ago. 1 ounce of beer a minute for 100 minutes. No puking, and NO PEEING. Real Canadian 5% beer, mind you, not Utah or other US beer. Made it to the end.

Ah, the things you do in Air Traffic Control school...
    I feel so much safer now.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

In 2000, I attended the National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC), a Boy Scouts of America sponsored event, at the University of Tennessee.

Our Lodge sponsored a booth to promote things which were native to where we came from, CA being the case here.

We passed out small baggies of beach sand from Malibu, and also served orange juice to the other attendees.

Towards the end, we discovered we had about 20 large jugs of OJ left, so we decided to do something creative to use up the remaining OJ - "The Gallon Challenge!" The jugs of OJ were larger than 1 gallon - maybe 2 gallons. We told the Scouts they could put together teams of 4 to take the Challenge, which many eagerly stepped up to do.

Most teams downed the entire jug of OJ between the 4 team members in the 3 minute time limit we gave them. We had a large trash barrel there with us in case anyone decided to bring their drink back up, which several had happen to them.

I was amazed at the ability of most to drink/chug an insane amount of liquid in such a short time without becoming sick. I guess OJ isn't as hard for the stomach to digest as compared to milk, but I don't know that I would want to even attempt it since I hate puking. Wouldn't even want to run the risk of puking!

It was fun while it lasted, and we got rid of all the remaining jugs of OJ!
    "All roads, all codes!"

Vitamin C overdose They were all healthy for a year

I also have tried with chocolate milk and only made it to about the halfway point. What really surprised me was that the chocolate milk tasted just as good on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I also have tried with chocolate milk and only made it to about the halfway point. What really surprised me was that the chocolate milk tasted just as good on the way out.
    That's because it didn't stay down long enough to go sour.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Now that's disgusting!

Y'know, DiscGo.... I've heard the same thing about banana's, but that sure doesn't make me want to run right out and try it!
    "All roads, all codes!"

crap.... wrong thread