Thread: Caving invite for the 30th

Caving invite for the 30th

I'm going to try (again) to head up to soapstone for some caving on the 30th. Anyone want to come? Most the caves up there are vertical. I might have one free set of ascending equipment, I'll have to see. jman expressed some interest in coming. Anyone else?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

any more details on it? how long of a drive, times, etc? i might be interested. do you need handled ascenders, or do you think ropeman/prussiks used for canyoneering would be good enough?
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

I have several possible caves in mind, but I haven't done any of them so my beta is limited. Without knowing for sure what to expect in the cave, handled ascenders would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27
    any more details on it? how long of a drive, times, etc? i might be interested. do you need handled ascenders, or do you think ropeman/prussiks used for canyoneering would be good enough?
    We should have you over and try out what you have on my wall. Then we can get an idea of how deep of a cave you'd want to do.

sounds like a great idea to me. i am unfortunately stuck home all weekend and live close by...
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space