Thread: Putting out the feelers

Putting out the feelers

Hey folks. You know how they say you should live with somebody before marrying them? Well, my fiancee and I decided to give that a try. Everything was fine for a while but long story short, she told me to move out. So, I'm on the lookout for a 2/1 place. Don't matter if it's an apt, house, ?-plex, whatever. It just needs to be in the Salt Lake Valley and can't be more than $750. I've been going through ads on ksl.com, but have not come up with much. My credit is poor, but not horrible, and most are from days when I had to write bad checks to feed the family. Times are better by far now and I have good references. Will be just me with 3 toddlers every other weekend and no pets.

Seeing as how I paid the whole rent this month, I have a little time before I'm sleeping in my car, so if anybody here knows of a place that's open in the next couple of weeks, I'd be very grateful and buy ya lunch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Whoa bro! Don't have any help for ya housewise, but just wanted to offer my sympathies on yer situation.

Do you now feel it was a good idea to co-habitate or a mistake? I of course have my own opinion on the subject but wanted to hear yours.

Regardless, good luck to ya finding a place.

Thanks DC. I think in this case it was the best thing that could have happened. Found out a lot of things that now make sense. Sucks going through a breakup just 6 weeks from the "big day."

Is Connecticut too far of a commute

Sorry to hear about the breakup.

Sorry to hear about your situation. As of December we're renting a house - me and a friend in a similar situation as yours. We can talk if you're interested. For the time being, I have a one bedroom apt so I don't think that would work. Plus I have two cats, not sure how they mix with toddlers.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I know a place that can save your ass.
    rent is by the week, its a hole, but bearable.
    I lived there for a month after I moved out at the beginning of my divorce.
    since its week to week you can always find a new place tor off to and not worry about a lease.
    ITS just about on the corner of south temple and 3rd east. There used to be a tommies donuts walking distance, the cross roads mall, and a kick ass Chinese place across the street, dunno about these days and whats left but I spent many nights drunk at squatters and the downtown bars and tumbled home :D

Carlton Hotel, they have two buildings, one has bedrooms and the other has bedrooms with a front room and kitchen, both styles include private bathrooms and it had a laundry mat downstairs of the main building. Parking is crap, costs you 20 a month but there is little alternative to dealing with that unless you find a close pace to pay for instead.
    Like I said, its sorta a dump, but its bearable and could save your ass till yo find something better.