Thread: AF Twins

AF Twins

I just bagged the AF twins this last Saturday and I think I found my new favorite view in the wasatch. I started in Snowbird parking in the upper lot near the tram and the headed up toward the Gad Valley Trail. I few weeks ago I took this route intending to summit the peaks from the east side above hidden peak. I chickened out on that trip because of the knifes edge ridge and loose rock. I left the Gad vally trail at the top of one of the lifts and headed west on a trial that lead me up into a cirque below Redtop Mountain. It got a little hairy at that point getting up onto the ridge top from the cirque. It was real steep and not real stable rocks. I managed though and from the ridge top the views were breath taking. I've never seen a better view of the Pfiefferhorn. The view down into the White Pine Drainage were amazing. Once on the ridge it was a pretty easy climb to the top of red top. I was dissapointed to not find the geocache up ther but undetoured I headed over the saddle to the western twin. Thats the top of SL county. I grabbed the cache ontop of the peak and then debated what to do. Should I head down the way I came or head over to East twin and down the scarey knifes edge ridge. I really wanted to take the tram down so I decided to chance it. It was a nice easy walk to the east twin. Again the views were spectacular. I started heading down the east side on a nice trail. It was a little steep but not bad at all. The trail faded when i reached the rocky ridge but the rocks were stable and it wasn't bad at all. I found that if I kept to the top of the ridge the rocks were much better then if I tried to climb below the ridge. I followed the ridge all the way to just below hidden peak. After a nice walk up to the top, the tram was waiting for me and I had a nice leisurley ride down to my car. It was a fun day. I should not have wimped out 3 weeks ago. It's definately a do again. I have a couple of pics that I hope to post soon. I wish I had more.
    Life's to short to short to spend indoors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement