Thread: Das Boot/Subway Conditons

Das Boot/Subway Conditons

It looks like the North Creek got some serious rain the other day and i am planning on heading up to Das Boot on the 19th i just want to know if anyone has headed down there since the flood and if anyone is heading down in the near future could give me a heads up on the conditions. I have never done Das Boot and i understand that most if not all the anchors are off of logs and such. With that much rain it could have washed them out. WORD.

IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Anyone
    IT ALWAYS LOOKS HIGHER FROM THE TOP!!!!

Maybe there will be more news after this weekend.

It's a canyon! Go first and go fast to be first. (If you are prepared, comfortable with your skills, wear a helmet, ....etc.) Be prepared for anchor building in 4-5 spots if it got blown out. There actually aren't that many raps but heck, we can always hope things changed. I would love to see some good jams in Das Boot and a few new drops formed and a few old ones blown out. That is what makes this sport exciting in Zion. Also, who knows if the left fork that high up even got hit. Last year when I went through after a flood (but not the big one that blasted the homes in Virgin) there was no signs of flooding in the Subway proper but further down the canyon, there was a side drainage that looked, from the debris line in the trees, as if 4-5 feet of water came blasting through. This was between the end of the cascading waters and the dinosaur foot prints. Weird how sometimes these storms are so localized.
    Life is Good

Yea, I wouldn't worry too much about it, none of the drops are very big and as long as you bring webbing and rope you should be able to rebuild stuff. Last year we downclimbed everything but I hear things have changed and thats not as easy anymore.

2500cfs of debris passed by the gauging station at Virgin. on Monday.

One group ran out and up the exit to miss the flash and passed one group that had to seek higher ground and did not get out until 900pm Monday night.

One would think that there are some changes in that drainage, if not in Das Boot and Subway proper.

I heading out the door right now for Kolob and a little scouting trip. Will try to get Echo in before the afternoon showers, though they have not been so fierce in the Zion Canyon.
    bruce from bryce

'I used to work for the government; but I was not part of the problem'