Thread: 7th Annual 9/11 tribute hike EVENT CACHE

7th Annual 9/11 tribute hike EVENT CACHE

Another year has come and gone - and it's time for our annual Sept 11th Tribute hike in Farmington.

For those who have never attended let me give you a brief history.

in 2002 a flagpole was carried up to flag rock, and elevation slightly higher than the WORLDTRADE CENTERS. and the Sept 1th Hike was born (Aim High! and his Brother Rugratrandall) started a tribute hike to the flag pole each year.

Myself a Former New York Emergency Medical tech. who responded to the World Trade center in 2001 and moved to Utah in 2005 heard about this in 2006. The first year (2006) was great a nice turnout withsome great folks. in 2007 I began planning this event. I wore my uniform shirt and made the hike with an unbelievable group of people (hope most of you come back this year as the trail will be different)

in 2008 I am hoping for an even better turnout. this is why we have established a Basecamp at the top of 100 North in Farmington.

BASECAMP - N40 58.926 W111 52.803 is also the Starting & Ending point of our hike. Aim High will remain at basecamp through the hike.
    If you cannot make the hike stop by and chat with dave sign the log book and take a moment to view those making the hike and pay respects to those lost 9/11/01.

ALL ARE WELCOME --- GEOCACHERS - NON GEOCACHERS OLD - YOUNG EVERYONE.

LET's NEVER FORGET

Aim HIgh! Rugratrandall and Myself will be at BASECAMP setting up about 6 AM.

we would like attendees to start showing up about 6:15 AM

At 6:45 am there will be a moment of silence (first plane hit)
    then there will be a short meet and greet with a group photo.
    @ 7:03 another moment of silence as the second plane hit.
    then we will begin our way up the trail head to flag rock via the south trail

at the top will be another meet and greet to introduce those not at the short earlier greet and take a group photo at the top overlooking the great salt lake.

I will be at the top with rugratrandall - I will be happy to talk to anyone ( yes I do talk about 9/11/01 Just bear with me if I become emotional or a few tears fall. ( I lost many friends and collleagues that day)

Afterwards we will return to the basecamp VIA the north trail.

this is different from the previous 6 years as we are doing this at sunrise not sunset and we are taking two diffferent trails one up one down. The south trail HAS NEVER BEEN USED for this tribute hike.

IF YOU'VE ATTENDED IN THE PAST PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN AND PAY TRIBUTE TO THOSE LOST.

A FEW MINUTES TO STOP BY AND SIGN THE LOG IS A SMALL SACRIFICE AND THE FEW HOURS TO MAKE THE HIKE IS INSIGNIFICANT COMPARED TO WHAT FAMILIES EXPERIENCED THAT DAY.

Hope to see a great turnout this year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement