Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Most Popular Waterfalls in Utah - Do you agree?

Here are a few pictures I found on my HD, most are not on the list. I probably have more somewhere but just for you Safira, here some Utah waterfalls.
    Attached Images Attached Images                      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    I vaguely remember there being a Cascade Falls in the mountains east of Provo/SLC. Maybe it wasn't Cascade Falls, but it was Cascade something?
    Cascade Springs, Stewart Cascades and Cascade Mountain are all in that area, but I don't know of any place specifically called Cascade Falls (in the Provo area).
    Ah yes! I do remember now! Cascade Springs. My wife and 2 children camped out up the road a ways at a small pond in 1990. Thanks!

I do remember some small waterfalls at the spring. It was a very beautiful oasis I do remember though!

Blog Entries
    well i have that book and it lists over 100+ waterfalls. He even mentions that he is writing an addition which will add over 200+ waterfalls...but remember these could range from 5feet to couple hundred feet.

HOW CAN you guys forget Battle Creek Falls in Pleasant Grove (near Provo)! There are two falls there and their easily 50+ feet and they are easily rapelled too!

Here are a few More pictures I found.
    See you on the Trail

wow, very cool scout master.

Thanks
    Here is the big one in Ogden canyon.
    See you on the Trail

OK here is the waterfall in Waterfall canyon near Ogden
    See you on the Trail

Waterfall Canyon waterfall with ice

Donut Falls

Ogden Canyon Waterfall

Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

For popular I would have thought lower emerald pools in Zion would make the top ten? That is probably one of the most popular hikes in Zion and gets what? A million visitors/yr maybe? I don't know the numbers but bet that is accurate. I could look it up but I thought Zion itself got 3mil visitors/yr. Is 1/3 visitors hitting that trail a bit high?

What kinds of numbers are theses other waterfalls gettign to beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Master
    Thanks
    Here is the big one in Ogden canyon.
    Wow, when did you get this one? She is raging!

I also see your all over my area, I do the 29th street waterfall, farmington creek and adams canyon also. Maybe Ill see you out that way... BTW what trail did you take to get up the rock face across from the Ogden canyon waterfall?

you can get on the Indian Trail at 22nd street and hike up til you meet the service road. Follow this to the canyon. It will put you across from the waterfall.

You can also hike up directly above the waterfall, following the service road the follows the canal.

The Indian Trail will take you thru the canyon, and you have some nice views of the waterfall from there.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Wow, when did you get this one? She is raging!
    I have seen the falls many times but I just Googled and found that picture
    SM
    See you on the Trail

personally I like Lower calf creek as my #1, but all are excellent.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

All i can comment on is 4,5,6 at this time. And they are in reverse order as far i am concerned waterfall is better than adams and adams is better than donut.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    For popular I would have thought lower emerald pools in Zion would make the top ten? That is probably one of the most popular hikes in Zion and gets what? A million visitors/yr maybe? I don't know the numbers but bet that is accurate. I could look it up but I thought Zion itself got 3mil visitors/yr. Is 1/3 visitors hitting that trail a bit high?

I would say that is probably a good guess. People even take pizza in the box up that trail. Where is that pic Acca?

does anyone know where you can buy this book. Do they still have it at REI. The only place I can find it is Amazon and it is $38 with shipping. I am willing to pay if I can't get it anywhere else.
    The man thong is wrong.

I haven't been up to Bridal Vail since the tram was gone but I think it's the prettiest in the winter frozen Doughnut Falls is very unique and I've hiked to it many times in the winter and summer, but Lisa Falls up Big Cottonwood is my favorite. I've hiked up it for several miles and it's a great place to get away. You ought to hike it when the ice fields are still up there...creek & falls go right under the ice....wish I had a picture!
    I was surprised Upper Provo River Falls didnt make the list...it's one of the best high altitude falls around, and the best time to see it is right after the Mirror Lake highway opens

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket

I would say that is probably a good guess. People even take pizza in the box up that trail. Where is that pic Acca?

does anyone know where you can buy this book. Do they still have it at REI. The only place I can find it is Amazon and it is $38 with shipping. I am willing to pay if I can't get it anywhere else.
    Amazon is currently paying $30 to open a credit card with them. I just did that for $29 worth of books.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Amazon is currently paying $30 to open a credit card with them. I just did that for $29 worth of books.
    That is my backup plan. Thanks!
    The man thong is wrong.

I actually just saw it at the REI on 33rd like 2 days ago. At least 3 or 4 copies.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    I actually just saw it at the REI on 33rd like 2 days ago. At least 3 or 4 copies.
    Still at REI. Was at REI last night & looked.