Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley BBQ

Bogley BBQ

Any interest in getting together on the evening of the 16th (August) somewhere in Salt Lake City for a BBQ? We could do a potluck at a park or somethin'. Greyhair biker (Wade) will be in town to show his scars: http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12679

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where?
    RiverFront Park, 920 W 11200 S, South Jordan, UT: Google Street View
    The smaller pavilions (where we will be) are just North of the big pavilion that you see on the east side of the road. You can see the green roof (center of screen) of the pavilion behind the white building. It is right across the street from a Life Time Fitness.

Park Description: http://www.southjordancity.org/leisu...rfrontpark.asp

Who?
    accadacca
    greyhair biker
    KapitanSparrow
    BruteForce
    colbylee
    Don
    fourtycal
    flinstone

abirken - maybe
    tanya - maybe

What?
    BBQ - Bring yer own meat, drinks and a side to share.

When?
    August 16th, 5:00-8:00

Etc?
    Somebody bring a frisbee or some games.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No can do. I'm headed our East to visit my in-laws, but if I were in town I would definitely go.

IMO:

Who: Me plus hubby/kids (maybe)
    Where: no clue. SLC? You guys know your stomping grounds.
    What: Everyone bring their own specialties to grill with potential to share?
    When: Afternoon
    Etc: can we bring beer?

Id love to, think it would be kick ass!
    I do not however know if its possible for me to do so, Ill post back when I narrow down that day got my wifes company summer BBQ to attend, so gotta find out the times for that before i can commit to this.

I can be there ;-) But I'm no grilling expert so how about I bring a salad or summer soup or something stronger What is the penalty for getting caught drinking in a public park in Utah? How many years? Heh.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I would have interest if its in the afternoon when it's not so hot.

And I am quite the BBQ Expert. We'd be good-to-go on any steak-related meat and I wouldn't mind tending the grill (with some relief for cold drink breaks!).

I'd bring the wife and have the kids stay at home! We're ready for an adult activity (sans kids) anyway!

I'd be game.

Maybe in Mill Creek???? One of the picnic spots?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I'd be game.

Maybe in Mill Creek???? One of the picnic spots?
    Wherever. My original thought was to get a pavilion near 10600 south along the Jordan River Parkway. Lotza space but up the canyon with a campfire would be cool too and cooler.

http://www.utah.com/stateparks/jordan_river.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_River_Parkway

. . .and anything goes at the bogley parties.

I'm getting my rectified spirit from Chicago in about a week so it will be ready for our outing

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    I'm getting my rectified spirit from Chicago in about a week so it will be ready for our outing

YES!!! We need to salute the fact that I recently found out I am a Polish.

As long as we don't regret the next morning that we've saluted too many times, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    As long as we don't regret the next morning that we've saluted too many times, heh.
    Yea well it wouldn't be my first time to salute one too many times. HEHEH!!! Next morning, no problem.......pop a few Ibuprofen, drink a gatorade and take a multivitamin, then I'm ready for round two. HAHA! (no not really)

I think Acca has a great plan in the works. A nice cool place along a river on a Saturday afternoon to have a camp fire, etc... would be wonderful. And if Brute wants to man the pit, even better. HEHE!! We'll keep him refreshed with cold beverages and bloody red meat.

I would be down for sure....I can't cook, but I can gather the best beer in Utah for everyone to enjoy....That includes Uinta, Squatters, Wasatch, and others like Rouge brew. In the case of Rouge brew it's kind of pricey, so you really gotta like Dead Guy Ale if you're going to drink it, but you really gotta like the Nut Brown Ale.....!!!

Bogley BigShot
    It's so far away for me.... but you never know where I might show up, but I won't be able to make this one for sure.

The Jordan River idea is a good one, hadnt thought of that, especially if there is a good number of people. It MIGHT cool off some by then. haha. The pavillion would provide shade.

Would we be allowed to drink there? (what are the regulations?)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

you mean to tell me there is a remote chance that I could actually MEET the resident beauties of Bogley? in person?!
    I didn't know there were 'drinking regulations' for parks. I'm bringing stuff to drink ( diet coke or mtn dew) and BBQ fixins...don't know what yet, but I am THERE - wherever there is

I don't have any drinking regulations, I drink what I want.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    We're having a birthday party for my niece that afternoon (she is 2 already!) but I guess everyone could come up for dessert (birthday cake) later.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!