Thread: Zion Pinecreek

Zion Pinecreek

Finally got to do the famous "by the ZION tunnel bridge" Pinecreek on Wednesday July 23. That is one popular canyon. When we got to the trailhead, there was already two other groups gearing up. Big contrast too. We got all decked out with wetsuits and fancy canyon gear. The group behind us went in with swimsuits, flipflops and coiled ropes slung over shoulders. They screamed a lot. Pinecreek was full of water. Those are pretty deep grooves that have developed over time at the last free hang rappel. We really enjoyed Pinecreek. I am sure we will do it again.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                   
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I love those photos in that yucky soupy mess. Great shots! Thanks for showing them to us!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Re: Zion Pinecreek TR

Quote Originally Posted by french_de
    Those are pretty deep grooves that have developed over time at the last free hang rappel.
    The rope grooves are when that rappel was from/near the arch. Now the rapple orientation has changed. Heard it was the Emperor himself that changed it up.

thanks fro TR

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Those are pretty deep grooves that have developed over time at the last free hang rappel.
    The rope grooves are when that rappel was from/near the arch. Now the rapple orientation has changed. Heard it was the Emperor himself that changed it up.

thanks fro TR
    I imagine it was easier to start the rappel back then. It is a little more difficult now where one has to swing out to the left and immediatly go free hang.
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

thanks fro TR
    I imagine it was easier to start the rappel back then. It is a little more difficult now where one has to swing out to the left and immediatly go free hang.
    Yeah, I don't like it how the system isn't weighted to double check everything. I sit there and think am I going to fall . . .

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

thanks fro TR
    Yeah, I don't like it how the system isn't weighted to double check everything. I sit there and think am I going to fall . . .
    The original rap was difficult to start, too. If rigged high and tight, the new one ain't bad. If you cannot figure out how to pre-test (weight) your rap system without jumping over the edge, then you make me worry about you...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia

thanks fro TR
    The original rap was difficult to start, too. If rigged high and tight, the new one ain't bad. If you cannot figure out how to pre-test (weight) your rap system without jumping over the edge, then you make me worry about you...

Tom
    Anything is better than what was there before. It looked like the rope easily got stuck in those grooves.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia

thanks fro TR

Tom
    Yes I know it is better than the original start.

I always test the system before, even a pine creek. It's right when I'm about to swing over the edge and the system loses its weightness (?) is when I get scared. Should have clarrified that, previous statment makes seem like I rappel without checking. I know it will work, but still.

That last rap still freaks me out. I am afraid of heights. I am usually ok with other rappels but that last one with the wind blowing and nothing below you. Gets me every time (twice).
    The man thong is wrong.