Thread: Disturbing movie & clueless movie goer ~

Disturbing movie & clueless movie goer ~

Has anyone seen or heard of this film? I watched it on Friday night, and next to Eraser Head, it
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OK - I can make this worse! I was reading your story of wondering where batman was quickly to my co-workers and got to the part regarding "Dark Knight" - I did not know that this was the name of the new batman movie. They had a good chuckle at me. I told then that I'm too busy in Utah on the weekends to stay home and watch tv/movies.

Great story, Randi!!

Ditto to you above ladies! My son told me he went recently with a friend to see "Dark Knight". Then he referred to the movie being Batman. I was totally lost. Had no clue. I can't keep up with Hollywood.
    Great story Randi! Oh and to answer the question of seeing the above mentioned movie.................nope. Sure haven't. Should I put it on my list Randi?

That is too funny! If that happened to me I don't think I would have the courage to admit it.

*salute*

Quote Originally Posted by aiberkin
    Oh and to answer the question of seeing the above mentioned movie.................nope. Sure haven't. Should I put it on my list Randi?
    No. I don't think you'd like it. You seem like more of a "GO" girl. If you haven't seen "GO" I think you'd like that one! ;)~

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    That is too funny! If that happened to me I don't think I would have the courage to admit it.

*salute*
    That's cuz you're not a woman!

Not admitting stuff seems to be a guy thing in most cases!

I can just see it now; DC driving along a deserted country road, not admitting that he's going the wrong way while his wife is saying "honey, let's look at a map".....and DC being all like "I don't need no stinkin map, cuz I know exactly where I'm going"....hours pass...DC feigns "I'm falling asleep at the wheel syndrome" and he (without EVER admitting he was going the wrong way) gets his wife to drive! !!!

Is that how it goes DC? Oh wait, you ain't gonna admit it even if it is!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

HAA!! Thats why I have GPS hun! I can just point at the screen and say "well honey I'm not lost, the screen is wrong". Having someone else to blame is inherent in maintaining the male ego.

Also maintaining a yard. For some reason I feel compelled to have perfect grass with no "spots", but that's another thread.

P.S. SSHhhh dont tell the other guys I admitted this. They will tease me to no end.

Also maintaining a yard. For some reason I feel compelled to have perfect grass with no "spots", but that's another thread.

You and my husband need to talk!

you really should go rent 'Batman Begins'....THEN. go see 'Dark Knight'. My son, the theater major, would not watch the previews of either movie for fear of detracting from the 'content'....purist! ...........this is me rolling my eyes But really, the last 'two' movies make up for ALL the previous 'Batman' farces.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    But really, the last 'two' movies make up for ALL the previous 'Batman' farces.
    They really do! They are much closer to the original comics than any of the previous ones. Even if you don't like comics, they finally lost the "campy" cheese feel that seemed to plague the earlier series. The wierd thing is that heath ledger actually even got the jokers voice right. Weird thing to say, but when reading I always pictured him speaking exactly that way.

Didn't like the batcycle much though. The scrambler was much more believe-able IMO.

Tell ya what, just come over to our house and watch Dark Knight. I can show your husband my "tricks" for maintaining grass and we kill two birds with one stone.

THIS was the real thing...

Excellent choice of words. It "was" that way perhaps, but comics have morphed into something wonderful in the last 50 years. I'm glad to see that movies are finally starting to catch up with the media they are based on. The last series of movies before "batman begins" were not an accurate representation of the new comic age. They still retained the "bap, pop, kepow" feel that you speak of.

I like cheese in my nachos, but not in my movie.

Iron man, spider man, 300, and Sin City are also excellent representations or accurate media transfer. I think it really hit home when lord of the rings was such a success. Money talks. I also have really high hopes for the watchmen. http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13095

Excellent choice of words. It "was" that way perhaps, but comics have morphed into something wonderful in the last 50 years. I'm glad to see that movies are finally starting to catch up with the media they are based on. The last series of movies before "batman begins" were not an accurate representation of the new comic age. They still retained the "bap, pop, kepow" feel that you speak of.

Iron man, spider man, 300, and Sin City are also excellent representations or accurate media transfer. I think it really hit home when lord of the rings was such a success. Money talks. I also have really high hopes for the watchmen. http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13095
    Lord of the Rings has done for todays' movies what Starwars did when it came out. The tech effects are incredible.

Lord of the Rings has done for todays' movies what Starwars did when it came out. The tech effects are incredible.