Thread: Wheel of Time Fans - What do you think?

Wheel of Time Fans - What do you think?

Apparently, this guy Brandon Sanderson, has been asked to write Book 12 in the series. Talk about pressure?

Here is the link:

For those of you not familiar with the books, Robert Jordan wrote 11 books in this huge fantasy series and then recently died before he could write the 12th and final book. The link discusses how the 12th book with come to be.

FYI - This guy apparently lives in Orem.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not a fan of the books. But they are immensly popular and i think it will be a good idea to finish the series. If anything it will provide a phat check for Robert Jordan's widow, perhaps give the fans some closure. So positives all around.

I read the first few books of the series- I really liked book one, but they became way too tedious and laborious for me. It seemed to take a hundred pages before anything interesting would happen. A case of far too many characters and storylines. By the time he got back to a particular character you forgot what was going on with him (or her).
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve
    I read the first few books of the series- I really liked book one, but they became way too tedious and laborious for me. It seemed to take a hundred pages before anything interesting would happen. A case of far too many characters and storylines. By the time he got back to a particular character you forgot what was going on with him (or her).
    Bingo - I totally agree. I think I actually made it to about 6 or 7 before giving up. And I was a big fan at the start. In fact, we named our son after one of the characters...

If this fellow can finish the story/stories - tie everything up - then I'll probably start again from the beginning, and slog through to the end.

I'll be waiting on the reviews of the finale (including that of my wife, who I'm sure will be reading it.)