Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    From a previous post:

Using 2006 rules, add the following:

1. We keep return yards.
    2. We keep the waiver order where bottom feeders get first crack.
    3. We keep 5 bonus points for 300 yards passing and 100 yards, running/recieving/return.

Done!!!
    I don't like the bottom feeder waiver wire rule, that is half of the reason to save up your pick off of waivers so when that gem comes around you can get a chance to get him. To me the waiver wire is part of learning how to play and managing your team correctly that is my only beef, plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    I don't like the bottom feeder waiver wire rule, that is half of the reason to save up your pick off of waivers so when that gem comes around you can get a chance to get him. To me the waiver wire is part of learning how to play and managing your team correctly that is my only beef, plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?

UGGGGHHHH!!!!

We've been over this ad nauseum. The primary reason for this rule is so that The King of the Hill who has all of the best players on his team and is undefeated can't have a monopoly. That has happened before, and it's not fair.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?
    If the bottom feeders are not using the wire much than what's your bitch???

Request denied!!!!!

I king of the hill is the guy who doesn't use the wavier wire much.... because he has no need to use it since he is already well stocked. I see no reason to give him anther great player when one comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    plus those in the lower places don't seem to work the wire much anyway?
    If the bottom feeders are not using the wire much than what's your bitch???

Request denied!!!!!

I king of the hill is the guy who doesn't use the wavier wire much.... because he has no need to use it since he is already well stocked. I see no reason to give him anther great player when one comes along.

Fcuk it! I guess it is pointless to talk about it, it is just something that bothers me, maybe enough to keep me out this year, since we change the rules every year anyway. How is that for bitching, and just because you are in first didn't grant you the highest waiver priority, it screws those in the middle of the pack that will consistently be out of reach for getting a chance to get the players on waiver since it would not re-set every week and they could eventually better there odds. Plus say the top man is number one in the waivers, if he has the "best" players he is going to have to drop one of the best to pick up the waiver anyway, and then he would go to the bottom of the waiver order anyway?

We need to get a list of who is in and out going. I can probably get a few to join for those we lose this year but I need to know now so I can get to work on it.

I say $50 buy in... pay out to be 3 places at the end of the year paying 50%, 30%, 20%.

How many teams did we have last year? We need 8 min if I remember correctly.

Those in so far...

Ice
    Rockgremlin
    nelsonccc
    icthys

And livetoride.... we will drop the bottom feeders to the top wavier rule if you can get a majority to agree.

The past two years we have had 10 players. The first year we actually had 12.

Monticello Dan (Skullkrackas) had a lot of fun last year. Even though he was a bottom-feeder, he said he wanted to participate again this year. I'll let him know. For now, count him IN.

With Skullkrackas in the mix, we are half way there, and Acca and Live2Ride haven't even fully committed yet. We should make 10 easy.

First we need to hit up everyone who played last year and get a yea or nay from them. Than start adding to fill in the blanks.

Lets try for a 10 player league.

First we need to hit up everyone who played last year and get a yea or nay from them. Than start adding to fill in the blanks.

Lets try for a 10 player league.
    I am cool with a 10 player leauge but would prefer 12 and can recruit a few players if needed. Are we going to do a live draft? If everyone can make it work that kicks ass and leaves no room for people to bitch about the team they were dealt.

We need to get a list of who is in and out going. I can probably get a few to join for those we lose this year but I need to know now so I can get to work on it.

I say $50 buy in... pay out to be 3 places at the end of the year paying 50%, 30%, 20%.

How many teams did we have last year? We need 8 min if I remember correctly.

Those in so far...

Ice
    Rockgremlin
    nelsonccc
    icthys

And livetoride.... we will drop the bottom feeders to the top wavier rule if you can get a majority to agree.

Add me to the list

Big Balls are back.

Okay the Bogley 2008 invite went out. I've scheduled a live-online draft for Tuesday the 26th at 7:30 pm.

Let me know if that works. I'll adjust the score categories in the next few days with plenty of time for everybody to review.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I've updated the scoring.

In 2006 we had it set at 1 pt for 50 yards for QB and 1 pt for 20 yards for RB and WR.

In 2007 we changed it to 1 pt for every ten yards for QB, RB, and WR (including return guys).

In 2008 I've changed everything to 1 pt for 20 yards for WR (also return guys) and RB. QB's are now at 1 pt per 40 yards. This should minimize the importance of the QB position a bit.

Let me know what you'll think.

Also the password is poop.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    Okay the Bogley 2008 invite went out. I've scheduled a live-online draft for Tuesday the 26th at 7:30 pm.

Let me know if that works. I'll adjust the score categories in the next few days with plenty of time for everybody to review.
    Didn't get an invite, jw_ferg@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    I've updated the scoring.

In 2006 we had it set at 1 pt for 50 yards for QB and 1 pt for 20 yards for RB and WR.

In 2007 we changed it to 1 pt for every ten yards for QB, RB, and WR (including return guys).

In 2008 I've changed everything to 1 pt for 20 yards for WR (also return guys) and RB. QB's are now at 1 pt per 40 yards. This should minimize the importance of the QB position a bit.

Let me know what you'll think.

Also the password is poop.
    Are we doing decibal scoring because if not that means the man who runs for 99 yards gets the same points as the guy who runs for 80. So that mean 19 yards are worthless?

Are we doing decibal scoring because if not that means the man who runs for 99 yards gets the same points as the guy who runs for 80. So that mean 19 yards are worthless?

Yeah, we need to enable that. Good call Live2Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

Yeah, we need to enable that. Good call Live2Ride.
    Done.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I didn't get an invite.....

Burrows.Shane@gmail.com

QB's are now at 1 pt per 40 yards.
    This is NOT what we agreed on.... QB needs to be set at 1 pt every 50 yards, same as 2006. As it is now the QB has to much importance.

Are we doing decibal scoring
    This is really a toss up and actually takes some of the fun out of the game if you ask me. If an RB gets 59 yards you get 2 points.... but if he gets 61 you get 3. I've often found myself rooting for a back to get an extra couple of yards at the end of the game. This removes that bit of fun.... but I'm good either way.....

As for the live draft.... you need to move the live draft to 10 pm start.... some of us have a life..... I coach a real football team, we are never done before 9pm and I have to have time to get home. The live draft takes less then an hour so it should be no problem setting it later to make certain more can attend.

ya, i didn't get a invite neither...

inthegroove01@yahoo.com

I agree that it might detract from some of the fun of rooting for a player to go those extra yards at the end of the game, but I still would prefer the decibel scoring system. Looks like the tables are turned on this issue...now Live2Ride likes something that you don't. I guess we'll have to leave it that "if you can get a majority to agree" then we'll dismiss the decibel scoring.

I already said I'll go with what ever.... just giving you something to think about..... I bet at the end of the year the decimal scoring counts for exactly ZERO.... with the old system sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you....

But in the past there been a couple 1 point contests on Monday night that will not be nearly as exciting with decimal scoring.... YMMV.

If I had my way we would use the 2006 scoring without any changes.

We still need to fix the QB 40 = 1 point to QB 50 = 1 point.... or whatever the 2006 rules were.

I already said I'll go with what ever.... just giving you something to think about..... I bet at the end of the year the decimal scoring counts for exactly ZERO.... with the old system sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you....

But in the past there been a couple 1 point contests on Monday night that will not be nearly as exciting with decimal scoring.... YMMV.

If I had my way we would use the 2006 scoring without any changes.

We still need to fix the QB 40 = 1 point to QB 50 = 1 point.... or whatever the 2006 rules were.

I am just excited to get his rolling! My email is ARGIMAN2000@yahoo.com I had my buddy play with us last year and he is good to go for this year also. I cant remember his team name but I will ask him.