Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2008

I see you guys that drafted the all-reject team in our first league went ahead and got serious drafting all good players instead.

You guys are shameless....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I see you guys that drafted the all-reject team in our first league went ahead and got serious drafting all good players instead.

You guys are shameless....
    Well.......for my part we played around during the draft just picking people we'd never heard of under the assumption I could erase the league. When I found out I couldn't erase it and that I was going to have to look at it (whether I clicked on it or not) for the next 6 months I decided to see how well I could do with just a waiver wire team. I noticed that Tyler is doing the same thing. Kind of a practice/waiver wire league now for me.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I think I may have committed a blunder when I invited Gary Arnell (TruUte) into our league. His wife tells me that when football season starts he never leaves the house -- just glues himself to the couch and watches every single game, dissecting it according to best players, best prospects, and other inside info. It seems like he's always first to snap up the best available players.

I think I may have committed a blunder when I invited Gary Arnell (TruUte) into our league. His wife tells me that when football season starts he never leaves the house -- just glues himself to the couch and watches every single game, dissecting it according to best players, best prospects, and other inside info. It seems like he's always first to snap up the best available players.
    YOU DIRTY BASTARD!!!

I won the first year [2005] and since then it has been getting progressively harder.

At least he knows what the best color is.

Ah first place. My usaul spot until I get knocked out of the playoffs by the 6th seed.

Somehow it just feels better when your first win is against shane. Who's my bitch?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Week 7 is just proof that anything can happen in this league. 4 out of the top 5 teams were beaten in week 7, including the best team beaten by the worst...

Week 7 is just proof that anything can happen in this league. 4 out of the top 5 teams were beaten in week 7, including the best team beaten by the worst...
    Yep. It's like every other year. there is only one game or two seperating 7th place from 1st place.

Where has all the FF love been on this forum?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Check this out -- Week 14

I play Beaners in both leagues on the same week. I beat him in the real bogley, he beats me in the original bogley, but the score is the same...at least till Monday night football screws it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BTW, Gary (TruUte) approached me the other day about who he needs to pay. I told him to keep his money cause it appears in the first place that he will be the league champ, and in the second place it is seeming more and more like this year Bogley is just a for fun league. What with the tough economic times and all it appears that nobody is psyched to pony up the cash for this year's league...especially if you're a bottom dweller.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

BTW, Gary (TruUte) approached me the other day about who he needs to pay. I told him to keep his money cause it appears in the first place that he will be the league champ, and in the second place it is seeming more and more like this year Bogley is just a for fun league. What with the tough economic times and all it appears that nobody is psyched to pony up the cash for this year's league...especially if you're a bottom dweller.

My intention had been to collect during the last couple of weeks. I'm all for not paying expecially since I didn't get in and I'm a bottom dweller. The first time I haven't made the playoffs in three years. grumble, grumble.

Let me know how you'll want to proceed.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc

My intention had been to collect during the last couple of weeks. I'm all for not paying expecially since I didn't get in and I'm a bottom dweller. The first time I haven't made the playoffs in three years. grumble, grumble.

Let me know how you'll want to proceed.
    I'm #2 guy, and my friend Gary is #1 guy -- and we're both cool with not paying. I guess it just depends on Beaners and Ironman now. You may wanna email Ironman - I don't think he visits this forum often if at all.

Yo! I have missed all the fun shit talk due to moving into a new place and internet issues, all is good and I am back (beaners) so I am cool with paying or whatever this week when I beat Tru-ute he will get knocked out of the running so it will be go time! Been a fun season and I skimmed in the playoffs this year unlike the all star Tom Brady roster I had last year....LOL.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

SK8ERS and I are good with whatever management declares.....

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Yo! I have missed all the fun shit talk due to moving into a new place and internet issues, all is good and I am back (beaners) so I am cool with paying or whatever this week when I beat Tru-ute he will get knocked out of the running so it will be go time! Been a fun season and I skimmed in the playoffs this year unlike the all star Tom Brady roster I had last year....LOL.

Yes I see you're projected to get 100 points this week. I think out of anyone you stand the best chance of knockin him out right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Guys I hate fantasy football and I'm never playing again.

Gary wanted to say thanks for letting him play in our league this year. Another fun year though I must admit, I can't believe I actually placed second the way my crappy underachieving team played this year.

Note to self: When team's playoff hopes are riding on whether or not they win their next game, always start all of the players on that team!!! Case in point: San Diego, Atlanta, and Carolina. Even though they faced the best defenses on the road in Minnesota, the Giants, and Tampa Bay, all of their offensive players turned in mammoth performances. (If I would have played Sproles and 4TD D Williams, I would've won).

Why in the world would you have sat Williams? Crazy.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    Why in the world would you have sat Williams? Crazy.
    One of the biggest reasons I sat Williams was because well....I had to sit somebody. I had 5 solid starting RBs, I could only play 3 of them. Unfortunately, I sat the two most prolific RBs that week in Williams and Sproles. On my starting roster were: Michael Turner, Steve Slaton, and the RB return guy for Detroit who to my chagrin had 5 touchbacks against the Saints. If he would have run the ****ing ball down the field like he's supposed to instead of putting his knee down in the endzone after every GD kickoff by the Saints, he would've had over 150+ yards.

By the way --- this brings up a point I wanted to make for next year. First off, I think the scoring was perfect this year. Only one little tweak -- change the flexspot for the WR/TE to WR/RB. Seriously, how many times has ANYONE started two TEs the same week?