Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2008

Yahoo says that the draft is set for Tue Aug 26 9:45pm MDT. I'll make sure that I am back from our Tuesday mtn bike ride in time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just out of curiosity....since I have never participated in a live draft, what is the primary advantage of being "in attendance?" Is there some specific advantage to being there and witnessing it first hand?

Also....is this gonna be a 7, 8, or 10 man league this year? One day before the draft and we're still 3 guys shy of a full league.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Visit the league page and it tells you the time of the draft.

Your live online draft is set for Tue Aug 26 9:45pm MDT

Something to remember.... nelson lives in a different time zone... actually he lives in his own little world but that's a longer story.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Just out of curiosity....since I have never participated in a live draft, what is the primary advantage of being "in attendance?" Is there some specific advantage to being there and witnessing it first hand?

Also....is this gonna be a 7, 8, or 10 man league this year? One day before the draft and we're still 3 guys shy of a full league.

Again I echo the question......what is the big deal about a live draft? I know what time the draft is set for....I just wanna know WHY? What's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

If you are not logged into the "virtual draft room" then Yahoo will simply autopick for you much like it has the last few years for our Bogley drafts.

The main advantages of logging in and participating is that you make your picks and you make these picks knowing and being able to see who has been drafted already. For example, lets say you're 4th and the first three each draft the top three RB's. YOu could choose at this point to either draft the 4th ranked RB or you could decide that the #1 QB would eb more valuable than the 4th RB. Get it?

If our draft were an autodraft like it was last year, you are not able to make these choices since you would rank your pre-draft rankings before and Yahoo would choose for you, but since you don't know what pick you get you wouldn't want to *uck with you pre-draft settings too much or you'd end up with a funky team.

Right now we have 7 guys and i just sent an invite to the other guy who posted here today. So that makes seven. I'd like at least two more. Start reqruiting.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Visit the league page and it tells you the time of the draft.

Your live online draft is set for Tue Aug 26 9:45pm MDT

Something to remember.... nelson lives in a different time zone... actually he lives in his own little world but that's a longer story.
    My own little "sex" world. Yeah baby.

I was asked to change it to 8:45. It's not my fault you vag's are in a messed up time zone. I'll set it to 7:45 our time if you all so desire. Your bidding is my command.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

If we have eight by the draft tonight I'll go ahead and let us draft. If we still have seven I'll postpone the draft.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    If we have eight by the draft tonight I'll go ahead and let us draft. If we still have seven I'll postpone the draft.
    I say we postpone untill we have 10 players, An eight team leauge will blow ass.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by icthys
    We need 10 players.
    Yeah I don't want to play in an 8 player league, it just sucks! I will see if I can recruit some peeps.

Was there an invite in the general forum?

Maybe we need to drop the entrance fee if that is what is stopping others from playing. I'd rather it be a free league and actually play than not play at all.

The general discussion invite was posted by Iceaxe weeks ago.

If we drop the entrance fees me and Dan quit....so then you'd be stuck looking for 4 other players instead of two. If it comes down to it, I wouldn't be opposed to anyone in this league playing two teams - they just have to be willing to pony up 100 bones instead of 50.

Holy Sh*t.

Some of who wanted me to change the draft time in order to add more teams and some of you are mad that I did change it.

Here's the deal. Draft time is tomorrow night at 8:30 vegas time. I've changed it because I, like most of you, do not want to lose scoring for the first week. We've got eight teams now. We'll either draft with the eight we have or we'll get two other teams to sign up before the draft. We need an even number of teams to draft in a head to head league.

Friggn' Utahns. I still love you guys.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Bogley BigShot
    I put up another reminder a bit ago for some men to join your fantasy. I would help you guys out but I don't want to intrude. Football is a man's thing.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopi...542&highlight=

So still eight teams. Should I postpone the draft once more? Cancel it all together? I think having only eight teams in a $50 league is going to suck. We need at least two more teams.

I'll let it get down to the wire to see if anyone else signs up at the last minute.

In order to join the league, go to Yahoo game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 349439
    Password: poop
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

5 kickers. look out. domination is coming
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Best draft ever!

You asses missed one helluva draft! So.....we gonna erase, recruit and start over again?

Damn! I want to keep my team that team is solid!