Thread: May AT&T Burn in Hell

May AT&T Burn in Hell

So a couple of weeks ago, I was at a BBQ up the canyon and decided to jump in a pond (Jose Cuervo may have talked me into it). When I got out, I felt my pocket buzzing and quickly realized that I had taken my cell phone into the water with me and completely destroyed it. This all occurred the day before I had to fly down to Louisiana to begin my two weeks of work for the month. Consequently, I was stuck without a cell phone for two weeks before returning home again.
    Before I could come home, I had some additional training to complete but figured that I could get it done quickly enough to catch an earlier flight than the one that I had been scheduled for. Everything went great and I got on a much earlier flight in Lafayette. When I got to Houston, I decided to call my wife to let her know what time to expect me. I found a pay phone and dialed 1-800-CALL-ATT and used my credit card to place the call. My wife wasn't home so I left a message that consisted of nothing more than; "Hey, it's me. My flight gets in at 8:30 on Continental. See you then. Love ya. Bye." As you can see, this probably took about 30 seconds, right?
    So I'm looking over my credit card bill and noticed that I got charged $26.91 for this call. So what do I do? Well, I figure this is some sort of mistake so I try to call AT&T and dispute this transaction. After searching for a phone number that might work, I get a hold of someone only to discover that this person knows absolutely nothing about what I'm talking about so I ask if they could transfer me to someone that does. I then proceeded to get tossed all over India like a cow in drag before my cordless home phone finally dies and I'm still on the hook for the $26.
    I guess I'll just suck it up and vow never to use AT&T for anything throughout the course of my life.
    Eat a floppy one AT&T!
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OMG I feel your pain, but I gotta say that is a great story. If nothing else, to warn others...

WOW!

I'll share one, kinda phone related I guess. So 8 years ago we went to jamaca for our honeymoon. The 2nd day I was in the pool playing volleyball and while swinging for the ball my brand new 2k platinum wedding ring went flying somewhere. I searched hours and hours and never found it. Great way to start off our life together eh?

After giving up I figured the least I could was notify the management. Maybe it was caught in the pool filter or maybe an honest guest would find it months later? Not likely but whatever. I described the ring in detail "platinum ring with inscription on the inside that says "to my cricket of death love you forever"". I wrote it off that I would never see it again.

A month of so later I get home one day from work and there is a message on my machine "ya maaannn, we found your ring bra! Give us a call so we can send it to ya" Holy... I was super happy. I called them and they explained they had found it and what was my address to ship it to. They also said it would be about $35 for shipping from Jamaca" I said "ok" and thank you for being so amazing. YAY Rastafari!

2 weeks later the ring comes. I open the box with glee........ It's a cheap ass silver wedding ring that say's "to Bob 7-27-08" or something similar but it was a guys name not mine and a wedding date 3 weeks later than we were at the resort on our honeymoon. I doubt the ring cost more than $100. They didnt even look at it. Then to add insult to injury the phone call I made to Jamaca ended up costing around $35. Ouchie!! So another $70 for nothing but an earthshattering heartache. I was going to call and complain but did i really want to spend another $35 that would fall on deaf ears?

*sigh*

At least i didnt lose the next ring. Still have it to this day. :)

I'll sell you my wedding ring. It was only worn once, by mistake, for about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptain
    I'll sell you my wedding ring. It was only worn once, by mistake, for about a year.
    Awesome.

I feel your pain. Especially about the India part. I hate talking to Indian call centers.

I do want to clarify though that At&t cell phones is a completely different company than 800-call-att or At&t for that matter. ( I wanted to clarify that because I use At&t for my cell phone and would not continue to do business with this type of customer service)

Re: May AT&T Burn in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    So a couple of weeks ago, I was at a BBQ up the canyon and decided to jump in a pond (Jose Cuervo may have talked me into it).

And who's the bigger booze bag here? Alison or Bbennett?

HAHA!!! Sorry to hear about ATT. They suck and I discovered that A LONG TIME AGO. Something similar happened to me like this and I think it was like a $100 phone call I made from Mexico to my parents in Houston that lasted less than 2 minutes to check on our son. Yea......my CC was charged with obnoxious amounts of money. Would have cost less to buy a new cell phone.

Several years ago it took me over a month to actually get hold of a "real person" in order to cancel my long distance carrier...AT&T. It was a TOTAL nightmare! I feel your frustration!

Re: May AT&T Burn in Hell

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    And who's the bigger booze bag here? Alison or Bbennett?
    "booze bag"; I like that one.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Why don't you dispute it with your CC? Then it is up to AT&T to prove you wrong...
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Quote Originally Posted by kaptain
    I hear ya Kaptain. I think I'm gonna go to a pawn shop after work, heh.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

As far as AT&T is concerned, I promised myself long time ago that I would never deal with them and when it came to get a cell phone I went with Cingular, heh. The bastards merged or took over and decided to use the AT&T name. I still use my NY number (917 area code) and it seems like I am still paying some weird NY taxes. So the plan is $39.99 a month but the bill is never under $54 bucks! But at least my hello Moto razor is a tough phone. I spilled tons of margarita on it on July 4 and by the time I realized the phone did not work and was burning hot. But after I dried it and recharged it, it works as good as ever
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I once learned my uncle used AT&T, just because he didn't realize he had choices. They charged him 25 cents/minute. I told him he could do much better, so he called to cancel AT&T. They say, well, we can give it to you for 7 cents/minute and he buys. I tell him, they sell calling cards at 4 cents/minute (now much less) to people they don't know. You are their best customer and they gig you for 7 cents/minute. Like a lot of folks, he stayed with them because he was afraid to try someone new.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1