Thread: my helmet cam

my helmet cam

i just have a camera that shoots video and mounted it to my helmet using a bolt and some sheet metal from an old computer.

i had to ajust the angle. so thats good. now i just got to work on some video quality techniques

i'm trying..... i'll try to do a video of the trail i'm going to do wednesday.. I might do barrel roll trail.

lol some video is better then no video right?

Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool, what model camera are you using?

Here are some pointers I'm sure you'll realize in time like I did:
    *Try to have a rider in front of you, it helps the audience have a point of focus.
    *Experiment with angles, such as on the front fork or rear part of the frame, even looking up at you from the frame.
    *Try not to have the same sequence run for longer than 30 seconds, the audience will get bored. Even if it's a solid minute of awesome footage, try to cut that in half, and get back to the second half later.
    *Almost always cut out the climbing footage. People hate to watch climbs.
    *My personal opinion, I'd go either with music or the original audio, but not both. Maybe mix them both in for a few seconds if somebody says something funny, but usually go with one or the other.

*Most of all - have fun.

I've found that the audience will NEVER appreciate the long hours you spend editing and timing just right, so I've moved towards the quantity - not quality approach. Jeez, I don't even think I have a title screen anymore. lol

I used to spend an entire week editing video, getting it just right, timing every scene change to the beat of the music; but people just want to enjoy some footage. Now I spend only about 2 hours putting a full ride video together. I'll shoot about an hour of footage and cut it down to around 5 minutes. Even 5 minutes is too long sometimes.

Keep it up, I'm sure you'll come across all kinds of cool tricks and fun things to film.

Great tips.

it's ok to mix music and sound if it's the right kind of sound. i've tryed my hand at this before http://www.theking648.com/?pg=v2r (BTW this video looked so good before i had to start droping the file size.)

my biggest problem is Crapy camera. and balancing file size with quality. i'm realy looking into geting a camera like yours.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>