Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Bogley

Any thoughts on this? You guys still coming?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'd love to but I just spent too much money and vacation time on all kinds of trips to New York with one more to go (Christmas), plus trip to Phoenix in December.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Hey Richard, a shame that Abby can't make it...

I plan to be there around the 21/22, and leave the 23rd for SLC.

I can definitely do a dinner thing on either (or both?) of those evenings.

I think that my plan is to hike up Mt. Tukuhnikivats on the 22nd. (I'd like to check out some of the actual mountains in the area, having concentrated on canyons, primarily, around there.)

More to come - just got called in to work early - gotta run!

I'd love to meet up for a hike or something similar. I have to work all day in Orem on the 21st (though that date is not finalized), but I'll be able to take any other day off work that week to meet up.
    Blog | FB

I'll be there.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

I will be totally be there on the weekend of the 19th.

If you guys can make it up north, it would be cool to do a dinner or something in SLC or Provo.

Element?

I may still borrow my friend's Honda Element. Do you guys think an Element could handle the White Rim Road at Canyonlands? -R

Re: Element?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I may still borrow my friend's Honda Element. Do you guys think an Element could handle the White Rim Road at Canyonlands? -R
    My wife has an Element, and I'd not take it on any more than a dirt road. It's great on ice and in mud, but is limited by its low ground clearance. Maybe rent a Jeep for that jaunt (it'll set you back about $200/day).

According to the NPS, "Under favorable weather conditions, the White Rim Road is considered moderately difficult for high-clearance, four-wheel-drive vehicles. The steep, exposed sections of the Shafer Trail, Lathrop Canyon Road, Murphy
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Thanks. I was just thinking about this upcoming trip and what I want to do. -R

Thanks. I was just thinking about this upcoming trip and what I want to do. -R
    I'd call Canyonlands and ask, since there's been a load of road improvement done lately on public lands. Nothing like firsthand information.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Re: Dream

I dreamed all night about the people in this thread. Very vivid. I think in the dream we were at a restaurant having a party. It was pretty cool. -R
    Was I naked in your dream?

I would be able to travel to Moab the weekend of the 17th thru the 19th. Keep me posted on what you guys got planned.

James

The time draws near. Here is my plan...

-My friend Michael has offered to let me use his Honda Element. It is silver, and you can recognize it by the blue and white logo in the side windows that says, "Diverse CTI."

-Driving Saturday, Oct. 18; ending up in Monticello. Driving to Moab Sunday morning. I am staying in Moab for three days I think. After that I might camp or sleep in the Element somewhere. I am returning to Oklahoma in time to work Saturday, Oct. 25.

-Would love to hike with any or all of you. Here are the trails/areas I would like to consider on this visit...

Tower Arch Trail/Klondike Bluffs at Arches
    Syncline Loop Trail at Canyonlands
    Alcove Spring Trail at Canyonlands
    Wilhite Trail at Canyonlands
    Murphy Hogback at Canyonlands
    Gooseberry at Canyonlands
    Gemini Bridges
    Hidden Valley Trail/Behind the Rocks
    Hunter Canyon and the Kane Creek Road
    Trough Springs Trail at Hatch Point
    Amphitheater Loop Trail at Hittle Bottom
    Onion Creek Bench Trail

-Other activities open to discussion.

-Possibly meeting up with a buddy from Boston, who is contemplating flying to Las Vegas and hooking up with a friend in St. George, then driving to Moab.

-I will try to have a laptop with me, but WiFi is unknown.

-My phone number is 5 8 0 3 9 9 5 2 3 3. (Hopefully the spaces will discourage bots from recognizing it as a phone number.) For the few of you with amateur radio, call KC5TFZ on 146.52, or try to meet me on a Moab machine.

-Any more suggestions or idea are welcome.

Sorry, kind of been out of touch (See the Sushi-fest #2 thread - stranded in Vegas).

Richard, do your three days in Moab mean Sun/Mon/Tues? Or 3 nights?

I plan to arrive in Moab sometime Tuesday. Any chance of dinner on Tuesday night? Brew? Anyone else?

I plan on doing something on Wednesday, then staying another night in/near Moab. I'll be leaving for SLC and sushi on Thursday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Sorry, kind of been out of touch (See the Sushi-fest #2 thread - stranded in Vegas).

Richard, do your three days in Moab mean Sun/Mon/Tues? Or 3 nights?

I plan to arrive in Moab sometime Tuesday. Any chance of dinner on Tuesday night? Brew? Anyone else?

I plan on doing something on Wednesday, then staying another night in/near Moab. I'll be leaving for SLC and sushi on Thursday morning.
    I am planning to arrive in Moab Sunday morning and hike and explore for about three days. I may be in Moab Wednesday and part of Thursday even - my only requirement is that I be back in Oklahoma Saturday for work. Dinner Tuesday sounds great, as does a cold brew. You have my number from the previous post. I am not sure I'll have our laptop with me, so call, and if you don't get me, leave a message, since service is spotty in that area.

Oh, and if you have an airplane, please bring it and please please please let me fly it.

I am planning to arrive in Moab Sunday morning and hike and explore for about three days. I may be in Moab Wednesday and part of Thursday even - my only requirement is that I be back in Oklahoma Saturday for work. Dinner Tuesday sounds great, as does a cold brew. You have my number from the previous post. I am not sure I'll have our laptop with me, so call, and if you don't get me, leave a message, since service is spotty in that area.

Oh, and if you have an airplane, please bring it and please please please let me fly it.
    Ha - airplane. I wish I could still afford to do that stuff! Haven't flown in 3 years, and don't expect I will again. Never say never, of course, but not likely. I'll live vicariously through the tower frequency! Found other things to do though - like traveling to Utah, for example...

I'll give you a shout as soon as I hit Moab - keep Tuesday evening free!

Anyone else?!?!

Dinner Tuesday sounds great. Pick a place and anytime at or after 6 would work for me. I'll watch for a post here or give Richard a ring if I don't see anything posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Dinner Tuesday sounds great. Pick a place and anytime at or after 6 would work for me. I'll watch for a post here or give Richard a ring if I don't see anything posted.
    By the way, I'll be rolling into Monticello late tonight. It's a nice little town - we like it a lot.

Hope you made it to 'Cello. Look me up if you need anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Hope you made it to 'Cello. Look me up if you need anything.
    I'm here in Monticello. I had a nice 15-hour jaunt from home. I'm at the National 9 Navajo Trail Inn. Abby and I stayed here two years ago and we had a great time. Dwight told me the MD Ranch is out of business for good. Shame; Abby and I had breakfast there every day that week, and it was really nice.

Hoping to get a good night's sleep and get out the door in the direction of Moab at first light.