Thread: Home Brew

Home Brew

While I was waiting on my connection in Houston yesterday, I sat with a friend for a couple of drinks. Through the conversation, I was surprised to learn that he's been brewing his own beer for quite a while. I was even more surprised to learn that I didn't already know this.
    My curiosity was sparked. This sounds like a wonderful idea. I asked what kind of beer he's been brewing. So far, it has just been pilsners, honey wheats, and stouts. I inquired as to whether or not he's ventured into any pale ales yet but the answer was no. If I had to choose one flavor of beer for the rest of my life, it would most assuredly be a pale ale
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

check out the beer nut in salt lake. make sure you keep your temps right. make sure to keep everything sanitary that needs to be sanitary. and only brew good stuff. also tons of recipes that mimic well-known beers out there. just look for "clones" of your favorite beers and give 'em a try. keep in mind, just like cooking, it often comes out differently each time.

I am pretty sure we already were in a huge discussion in the past on this topic and there are actually quite a few home brewers on this forum. You would be suprised. I will look for the thread.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Re: Home Brew

[quote=bbennett]While I was waiting on my connection in Houston yesterday, I sat with a friend for a couple of drinks. Through the conversation, I was surprised to learn that he's been brewing his own beer for quite a while. I was even more surprised to learn that I didn't already know this.
    My curiosity was sparked. This sounds like a wonderful idea. I asked what kind of beer he's been brewing. So far, it has just been pilsners, honey wheats, and stouts. I inquired as to whether or not he's ventured into any pale ales yet but the answer was no. If I had to choose one flavor of beer for the rest of my life, it would most assuredly be a pale ale
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett
    While I was waiting on my connection in Houston yesterday

How's good old George Bush Intercontinental Airport these days? I know that airport like the back of my hand. HAHA!! Eat some Pappasitos for me next time through!!! Oh yea, and good luck with the home brew. I hear it's addicting once you get going with it.

My curiosity was sparked. This sounds like a wonderful idea.....

I'm sure that it would be safe to assume that there's a couple of home brewers on this site and humbly ask for your guidance. My vision is a kegerator in my garage filled with a pale ale that continues to improve with each batch but where do I begin? What have been your experiences and are there mistakes that I might avoid in my quest for the perfect home brew?

Some caver friends of mine who live in the Bay Area of Calif. brew their own (and it's quite good too). For your brewing pleasure I give you

http://deepbrews.com/

~enjoy!
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    While I was waiting on my connection in Houston yesterday

How's good old George Bush Intercontinental Airport these days? I know that airport like the back of my hand. HAHA!! Eat some Pappasitos for me next time through!!! Oh yea, and good luck with the home brew. I hear it's addicting once you get going with it.
    George Bush Intercontinental is okay, but I always get stuck in terminal B which is absolutely hell on earth. It's way too small, always packed full, dirty and smelly.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    My curiosity was sparked. This sounds like a wonderful idea.....

I'm sure that it would be safe to assume that there's a couple of home brewers on this site and humbly ask for your guidance. My vision is a kegerator in my garage filled with a pale ale that continues to improve with each batch but where do I begin? What have been your experiences and are there mistakes that I might avoid in my quest for the perfect home brew?

Some caver friends of mine who live in the Bay Area of Calif. brew their own (and it's quite good too). For your brewing pleasure I give you

http://deepbrews.com/

~enjoy!
    Much appreciated