Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dad is gone

My dad is gone

Not sure if I should write this but I do feel a part of a family here and there's not too many people next to me right now that I can share this with.
    My father died this morning in New York and I can't express in words how much I will miss him. He was by no means a perfect man, certainly not a role model, but he was the greatest father I could ask for. He was a father figure to many of my friends who could always stop by with their problems and talk to him. I can't believe he's gone. He will be missed dearly.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry to hear for your loss, bud. Every time I do something with my dad, I appreciate the moments I spend with him, since they are not forever.

The best part is, your memory of your dad will always stay positive for the rest of your life and you have great memories to remember him by.

Tell us more about your dad, did he immigrate to US? Was he born in Poland?

Sorry to hear about that, my thoughts are with you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So sorry to hear that.

My condolences to you and your family.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

So sorry! I can only imagine how hard this must be for you. I wish you and yours all the best during this.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

That's too bad. My condolences.

Are you flying out for the funeral?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I am so very, very sorry to hear about this. Sending you BIG HUGS for comfort. Hope you are able to make it back to NYC?

So sorry for your loss. Funny how something you always know will happen still manages to catch you unprepared. Just no way to get ready for something like this. It has been 36 years since my father died, and I still remember the dull clunk in my head when I got the word. We all wish you and your family the best.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Sorry to hear that. It's never easy to lose a family member. My thoughts are with you.
    The man thong is wrong.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you all for your kind words. I am trying to occupy myself with things like dry cleaning the suit, packing and other crap. My flight for New York leaves at 4:30 p.m. My father's name was Jan or John. He was a construction man, following 9/11 he worked at the site for a number of months. I have many friends who have lost their father's or who never had a father figure in their lives and my dad's greatest role was being like dad to all of them.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    Thank you all for your kind words. I am trying to occupy myself with things like dry cleaning the suit, packing and other crap. My flight for New York leaves at 4:30 p.m. My father's name was Jan or John. He was a construction man, following 9/11 he worked at the site for a number of months. I have many friends who have lost their father's or who never had a father figure in their lives and my dad's greatest role was being like dad to all of them.
    Oh man, I'm sorry for those who knew and loved him!
    What a great legacy he left behind, making such a difference in people's lives. Kid's and adults need "good" people to be there in ways that matter and Jan made a positive difference to many. I'm proud of your dad, and sorry for your loss. As many tears as you shed missing him, I hope you find as many reasons to smile as you consider all the ways he loved and cared for people. Travel safe and take care.
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I hope you and your family do well through this.

I wish you the best of luck at this time of morning for you, my thoughts and prayers are with you...Tyler

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Jan (aka) Savanna
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

sorry for your loss...
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

may his memory be eternal

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum