Thread: Tony Snow Dies At 53

Tony Snow Dies At 53

Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary and FOX News Anchor, Dies at 53

Monday , July 14, 2008

Vice President Dick Cheney, members of the White House press corps and FOX News contributors remembered Tony Snow Sunday as a happy warrior who woke up each day excited about life, enjoyed engaging the media and most of all loved his family.

The former White House press secretary and conservative pundit who bedeviled the press corps and charmed millions as a FOX News television and radio host, died Saturday after a long bout with cancer. He was 53.

A syndicated columnist, editor, TV anchor, radio show host and musician, Snow worked in nearly every medium in a career that spanned more than 30 years. And he was remembered at being great at every job he did.

"Laura and I are really saddened by his death," President Bush said Sunday with his wife by his side. Bush described Snow as "a smart and capable man," "an honest guy" with a "wonderful sense of humor."

Bush said he and the first lady went to church Sunday and prayed for Snow's family.

"I just hope they understand that Tony was loved here in the White House," Bush said.

"I've known or worked with a lot of press secretaries, White House press secretaries, in my 40 years in Washington, and I'd have to say that Tony's the best," Cheney said on "FOX News Sunday," the show first hosted by Snow.

"He had this rare combination of intelligence, of commitment and loyalty to the president that he was working for, but also this great love of going out behind that podium and doing battle with what in effect were his former colleagues. And it was this capacity that he had to be unfailingly polite, to maintain good humor under the most trying of circumstances, and do it, I thought, better and more effectively than anybody I've ever seen in that post," Cheney said.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This was really sad for me. He fought bravely and displayed the most positive attitude in the face of death. We can all learn from his dignity and grace under the ultimate pressure. I only hope his family is as strong as he was.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Sad news. Those of us who had a family member die due to cancer know how tough it is on the person who's sick and the entire family.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"