Thread: Kanarra creek is now gated

Kanarra creek is now gated

Not sure if this goes in the hiking or canyon section. But was surprised this Friday when I saw a gate just as you leave the paved road. This now means you have to walk the entire way up the hill, past the water tank, down the hill, across the stream and then through the 4WD section.

Not a super big deal unless you brought your 2 year old and had to carry him in 100 degree weather. :) It was a nice little surprise to be sure. There is still plenty of parking below on 100 east (I saw 10 cars on a friday) and if you brought a mountain bike you could probably ride the entire 1st section without any troubles I think.

Just an FYI.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the heads up! I loved Kanarra Creek and was thinking of doing it again in a couple of months. I will prepare for a slightly longer trip!

Yer welcome.

Also wanted to add.. If anyone finds out WHY it was gated I would be interested in the story. I remember hearing complaints of trash, dust, dirty diapers, contaminating the water supply,etc. All of the above? But they very clearly put a side gate for people to walk through so I don't see how that will impact much. So my thinking is the cars were doing damage somehow. Also now the cars are parking in front of peoples houses, that seems more of an inconveniece to me.

Maybe a longer walk will mean less people in the long run?

Thanks for the heads up.

I've put a note in my beta noting the new gate. I'll re-write the route description ASAP.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    The town put the gate up. Too many parties. Some people were even taking the breather vents apart to the main water system and putting "things" in the pipe through the breathers.
    The water quality that they test had diminished, so once again a few ruin things for all.
    They will have a sign on the gate soon asking people to park at the town hall(another 3 blocks) Parking in front of houses will result in towing after the sign goes up. Not a huge deal but----------

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    The town put the gate up. Too many parties.
    Ahhh....reminds me of the drunken slot-fests of yore that Rich used to lead. Them were some days...