Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating Online

Dating Online

I know some of you have tried it. Lets hear some stories, positive or negative but of course I prefer the funny ones.
    What's your favorite dating site? Why? Least favorite? Why?
    Dating emoticons:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Dating Online

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I know some of you have tried it. Lets hear some stories, positive or negative but of course I prefer the funny ones.
    What's your favorite dating site? Why? Least favorite? Why?
    I had two occasions where I got past the profile-reading stage. One turned out to be a bulimic 15-year-old girl, and the other a skittish special ed professor. Cut the teenager loose when I discovered her age. The teacher up and vanished one day, never to IM or email again. Both, oddly, were named Elizabeth.

I met a great woman through E-harmony. It was going great and then out of the blue she dumps me - wanted to go back to her girlfriend - yes you read correctly - girlfriend!

I don't know if I will ever try internet dating again. I think I am going to be a committed single person and just focus all my money, time, and efforts to outdoor pursuits.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by brookiekiller
    I think I am going to be a committed single person and just focus all my money, time, and efforts to outdoor pursuits.
    I hear you brother. It's so easy to buy new gear or go out hiking/climbing/canyoneering/biking/jeeping/shooting/running whenever I want when I'm not spending my time and money trying to get laid.

Seems to risky to me. Tons of scammers out there looking for money too.

If I were to date, I'd want SOMEONE I know to have some history on this person. Otherwise, a total stranger off the internet could lie about everything.

I talked with this girl once from a website. Went to meet her. It was a dude.

www.bogley.com/singles

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I talked with this girl once from a website. Went to meet her. It was a dude.

www.bogley.com/singles

Same thing happened to a good friend of mine. He actually flew this "girl" into town (before he knew) so they could officially meet in person. He's waiting for her at the gate with flowers and a little name sign. Finally everyone had filed past and he figured she had just chickened out at the last minute. Wrong. She/He finally got the nerve to walk up and introduce themselves. She/He was dressed like a woman and everything, but it was definitely a man in drag.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I think I am going to be a committed single person and just focus all my money, time, and efforts to outdoor pursuits.
    I hear you brother. It's so easy to buy new gear or go out hiking/climbing/canyoneering/biking/jeeping/shooting/running whenever I want when I'm not spending my time and money trying to get laid.
    Amen to both of these. I was married for two years. I have dated a bit, but I dunno if it is really worth it. Besides, Nevada isn't too far away for legal prostitution.

I was married 4 years, heh. The way I see it there's good and bad sides to both being single and being involved.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I've been married 15 years. They didn't even have the internet back then. Does that make me old?

I met a great woman through E-harmony. It was going great and then out of the blue she dumps me - wanted to go back to her girlfriend - yes you read correctly - girlfriend!
    that is hot.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Amen to both of these. I was married for two years. I have dated a bit, but I dunno if it is really worth it. Besides, Nevada isn't too far away for legal prostitution.
    Josh has said that same thing, occasionally. Funny stuff. Not sure I'm ready to pay for it though.

Yeah, I too was married. 9 years. Of course I agree that marriage has it's pros and cons. In the end the cons were too much for her I guess.

Whattayagonnado? Fugettaboutit.

We should get those Bogley shirts with additional lettering stating "single member" or "hot catch", heh.

My favorite couple I have met, got together from internet dating. They are so well suited for each other and get a long perfectly. If every internet match is like that, bars will be a thing of the past.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    If your a prostitute, don't come into Ogden you might get gunned down.

I was reading this when one of those late night call in commercials came on TV.

Two of my favorite canyoneering partners met each other on match.com and got married....

If only those sites had a guarantee like; sex within a month, relationship in 6 months or your money back! Then I could see paying for a month.

A buddy of mine is using match.com for "get laid tonight" scenario. Hasn't failed him for over a year now. But he hasn't found a normal girl yet, or maybe he isn't right in the head... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    A buddy of mine is using match.com for "get laid tonight" scenario. Hasn't failed him for over a year now. But he hasn't found a normal girl yet, or maybe he isn't right in the head... who knows.
    Alex, there is such an option on match.com?