Thread: TR - Head of Sinbad et al

TR - Head of Sinbad et al

I can't believe that I have travelled I-70 between Green River and Salina so many times without knowing what little treasures were there just a few minutes away. We were taking a school group to St. George for some fun activities and decided that visiting Black Dragon, Head of Sinbad, and Dutchman's Arch would be a perfect little sidetrip.

We enjoyed the arch and the pictographs and found them easily thanks to Shane's beta. There was still more to explore in the area - Black Dragon Canyon looked like it would be fun to explore, Locomotive Butte looked like it would be fun as well with some good camping sites. We even enjoyed the circuitous route to Head of Sinbad that took us under the freeway. After the trip, we noticed that you can see Dutchman's Arch as you drive by on the freeway. We will definitely revisit these sites. The petro's are fantastic (even if they are a little gringo-worn) and the arch is quite nice.

We proceeded to attend Othello at the Shakepearean Festival and Les Miserables at Tuacahn. We hiked to Scout's Landing and enjoyed the 110 degree Zion weather. Holy Cow!

Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You did some nice side trips and got some good pix. I made those same stops last year and enjoyed them. Black Dragon is a real favorite of mine.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Tell me all those pictographs weren't together? I went to the head of sinbad just over a month ago and only saw the one (head of sinbad) and none of the others.

I hate with other people have better trips than me. Nice pictures!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

wow ! very cool.
    signature

Head of Sinbad has the pictos from pictures 692 and 694. The Dutchman's Arch is very near to Head of Sinbad as well and it really doesn't make since to visit one and not the other.

Black Dragon Pictos are all of the others and they are 15 or 20 miles away from Head of Sinbad but still just off the freeway. In fact, they were alot easier to get to than Head of Sinbad.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

I went to Dutchman's arch, but those other pictographs look great.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5