Thread: Olancha Peak ~ California

Olancha Peak ~ California

If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

thanks randi ... snow plant always trips me out ever since the first time i laid eyes on it 'bout 15 years ago. great photos, thanks for sharin'!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    thanks randi ... snow plant always trips me out ever since the first time i laid eyes on it 'bout 15 years ago. great photos, thanks for sharin'!
    yeah...those things are beautiful and they're always poppin up in some unlikely place ~ all alone or in a small family like that!
    I got a kick outta the "obviously male mushroom" You did catch that didn't ya?

That part of the PCT really was so much like a "woodland" creatures magical forest!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    You did catch that didn't ya?
    i did, i did, gave me a chuckle

That part of the PCT really was so much like a "woodland" creatures magical forest!
    totally, such fanciful stuff in your photos.

and the foxtail pines are wonderful trees! great stuff, enjoyed the photos of them

looks like you guys had fun ! do you happen to know why 395 was closed down ? we overheard people who had to stay the night in lone pine due to it, and between bishop and big pine signs said 3 hour delay.
    signature

Great pictures!

I like the wood and dead trees.

Re: Olancha Peak ~ California

Hey Randi! I just want to tell you that I think you have some FABULOUS photos on your Picasa. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously beautiful photos.

So if those are the public photos, when do we get to see the private ones

very cool pics! Would you mind getting that fire put out you are smoking us out over here
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    So if those are the public photos, when do we get to see the private ones
    Ya don't!

Thanks for the nice words.
    I've got a pretty nice point and shoot.

That fire was raging off in the distance one valley and a couple of ridges over when we started our hike. During the weekend another one started (jumped the ridge?) near the first one. This is the one I got pix of on my way out. During the time I went in and out of a quicky mart for snacks, the smoke had gotten much worse! Found out later that tons of fires were raging up North too.

My weekend was great Jason.
    Thx for asking. I got a few pix of the flooding on 395 (mostly cleaned up though by the time I got there). I was only held up for about 20 min. as they had a lane opened.

A hail storm stopped us from our Peak objective on Sat., and then it rained off an on all day and night. Lots of thunder and lightning! Sunday was cloudy but no rain or hail, and we hiked to the top of Black Mountain, near the white mountains!

How was your trip? Got any pix?
    I'll post a few later....got mostly flower pix.

My weekend was great Jason.
    Thx for asking. I got a few pix of the flooding on 395 (mostly cleaned up though by the time I got there). I was only held up for about 20 min. as they had a lane opened.

A hail storm stopped us from our Peak objective on Sat., and then it rained off an on all day and night. Lots of thunder and lightning! Sunday was cloudy but no rain or hail, and we hiked to the top of Black Mountain, near the white mountains!

How was your trip? Got any pix?
    I'll post a few later....got mostly flower pix.
    so it was flooding. jr said he saw flooding in cali on the news but didn't know where. and yes, got pics. sabrina basin post just a few beneath yours right here. had a blast ! rain and wind as well. very nice. i hope i get at least one more chance to hit the sierra before it starts snowing again. gorgeous, rugged country !

later !
    signature