Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Last thing I torrented was:

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Breaking Bad and Dexter are without a doubt the two best shows on television....

There are several other great series, but those two are head and shoulders above everything else. If you are looking for some good high quality TV to watch I'll recoomend these:

Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    The Wire
    Soprano's
    Underbelly
    Son's of Anarchy (first season is great, second was OK).
    Spartacus: Blood and Sand (the first episode sucked, but the series was awesome by the end).
    Generation Kill
    If the ladies can get past the gore and violence of the show, Spartacus has got some great eye candy! I heard that a second season isn't progressing because the actor who plays Spartacus has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease. For cable series, my vote goes to "The Tudors".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Last torrent....Skate 3 (Xbox 360 game)

I just picked up the Comedy Central show "Secret Girlfriend".... it's awesome....

The Point of View of the movie is great.

Audiobook; The End of Faith by Sam Harris

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I am learning how to do this. So far one episode of Desperate Housewives and 1st season of Modern Family. I figured out how to open the on episode of Desperate Housewives. This is all new to me. I can't wait to download some audio books. The kids and I love listening to books in the car on long drives. We are currently listening to Alice In Wonderland.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I am learning how to do this. So far one episode of Desperate Housewives and 1st season of Modern Family. I figured out how to open the on episode of Desperate Housewives. This is all new to me. I can't wait to download some audio books. The kids and I love listening to books in the car on long drives. We are currently listening to Alice In Wonderland.
    Yea Modern Family is a funny show, I look forward to it every Wednesday. It reminds me of my semi-dysfunctional family. haha

And to fill the Summer blah, Lie to Me will be back on in a few weeks...
    Last edited by jman; 05-12-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: always forget to special check.

Speaking of Torrent. I've been slacking since the virtual demise of IsoHunt. What search sites are you using?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Speaking of Torrent. I've been slacking since the virtual demise of IsoHunt. What search sites are you using?
    There is Demonoid, The Pirate Bay, btjunkie, torrentreactor, monova, kickasstorrents, and mininova. There are thousands more, but obviously the most popular ones will have the highest-number of seeders (and highest number of anti-p2p groups watching). Unless you go to a private-torrent site.

Ars Technica just came out with this article: "Hurt Locker torrenters: prepare to get sued". Be careful. Even with anti-p2p protection software (like Peerguardian), it is still possible to get IP addresses even with encryption (like enabling the "force encryption key" in uTorrent, and unfortunately a few of those encryption keys have already been solved) and obfuscation algorithms.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Ars Technica just came out with this article: "Hurt Locker torrenters: prepare to get sued". Be careful. Even with anti-p2p protection software (like Peerguardian), it is still possible to get IP addresses even with encryption (like enabling the "force encryption key" in uTorrent, and unfortunately a few of those encryption keys have already been solved) and obfuscation algorithms.
    ...crap.
    If they had put that movie into a Utah county theater or even if it had played in SLC for more than a week or two. I would have seen it in theaters. Failing that I didn't wait for the DVD either.

Breaking Bad and Dexter are without a doubt the two best shows on television....

There are several other great series, but those two are head and shoulders above everything else. If you are looking for some good high quality TV to watch I'll recoomend these:

Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    The Wire
    Soprano's
    Underbelly
    Son's of Anarchy (first season is great, second was OK).
    Spartacus: Blood and Sand (the first episode sucked, but the series was awesome by the end).
    Generation Kill
    I'd have to add Rescue Me, Californication, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Entourage.

Californication for sure. I love that show. Season 1 is better than 2 but 2 was still good. Are they making a 3?

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I just watched Episode 1 Season 5 of Rescue Me last night on Hulu. I think I missed season 4 all together. So I suppose that will be my next attempt at torrenting. I love Rescue Me!

I love this whole concept, I am getting quite the edumecation on what the net really has to offer. Thanks to Jake and Bogley. hahaha. I don't think I will ever buy cable again.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Hurt Locker torrenters: prepare to get sued
    Scare tactics..... They should sue who ever leaked the screener copy instead.

If I get a letter I already have my reply ready:

Dear Attorneys,

Thank you for your letter of _____. It has brought to my attention the fact that my wireless router has been unprotected for quite some time. I believe it was through this lapse in security that your film was downloaded. Etc, etc.

Sincerely,
    Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Californication for sure. I love that show. Season 1 is better than 2 but 2 was still good. Are they making a 3?
    I've got season 3. Waiting on Season 4.

Scare tactics..... They should sue who ever leaked the screener copy instead.

If I get a letter I already have my reply ready:

Dear Attorneys,

Thank you for your letter of _____. It has brought to my attention the fact that my wireless router has been unprotected for quite some time. I believe it was through this lapse in security that your film was downloaded. Etc, etc.

Sincerely,
    Ice
    I could give that excuse as well. I fix a few computers a week in my home, let them on my wireless, from time to time I have it unsecured just for ease of access.

It's been two or three month's since I last watched a good movie.... anyone have any suggestions?

About a month ago I watched "The Bounty Hunter" What a major disappointment...... that movie blows.... Since then I haven't seen anything that even looked interesting...

Haven't seen any good movies but I've been watching this show called "Mind Control" with Darren Brown. He is able to forcefully offer suggestions to people, play mind games, and generally screw them over. It's bizaare really how weak and easy people are to manipulate. Here are a couple samples from youtube...

Your safety is not my responsibility.

OK... My kids made me get the movie Kick-Ass and watch it with them.... it was pretty dang good... I laughed...

If you are a fan of The Big Bang Theory there are two unaired pilots floating around. The first pilot is a lot different from the actual show. The boys end up with a slutty street smart tramp moving in with them and no Walowith or Truthorpolly (sp?)... the second unaired pilot is pretty close to the actual show... It looks like they took the 2nd unair pilot, tweaked it a little and it became what is now the aired pilot (S01E01). It's interesting to watch the two unaired pilots and watch how the show developed....

Also... She's out of my League and Hot Tub Time Machine are both out and are entertaining if you like that type of comedy.... Hot Tub Time Machine was extra funny to me because I ruled in the 80's.

Blog Entries
    If you guys haven't seen "Sherlock" (On the BBC), I HIGHLY recommend seeing it. It's a 3-part (1hr 30min per episode) mini-series, with more shows demanded by the BBC because of it's quality.

The movie that just came out, Sherlock Holmes, it was entertaining - but disappointing due to not staying true to the book in many forms. One example is, in the movie, Sherlock explains everything in the end. In this TV show, Sherlock explains everything (and what he is thinking and seeing) as the show is progressing (as the book would do). MUCH Better.

Seriously, this is quality, entertaining show. And hopefully, the producers will come out with more later on this year.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"