Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Last thing I torrented was:

Re: Last thing I torrented was:

Got to love the screened season...

Watched This is 40 last night... great flick. Same with Lincoln and Looper... all were entertaining, but This is 40 was the best.

Downloaded Sky fall and The Hobbit to watch this week.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zero Dark Thirty
    &

Killing Them Softly

............ downloading now...

Last thing I torrented was:

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Zero Dark Thirty
    &

Killing Them Softly

............ downloading now...
    Both very good!

James

Watched "Flight" last night... it's a really good flick...

Gotta love screener season. Next on the menu....

Django Unchained
    Seven Psychopaths
    The impossible
    Hitchcock

Might be my favorite thread :D Thanks Iceaxe for recommendations.

Over the weekend I saw This is 40, Looper and Flight. I downloaded the other films but I'm yet to watch them. I am wondering whether I should see The Hobbit at the theater instead of on my PC.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I seldom watch movies on my PC because the picture is never as good (And my PC has a new state of the art 30" monitor). I always burn the movies to DVD or put them on a zip drive so the family can watch them at their leisure.

I also gain anther HUGE bonus from the movies.... we are out of town most weekends and we NEVER have an issue finding a house sitter. We have a couple people we use for house sitting and they know I'll always have a stack of great movies form them to watch .

Thank God for screener season because Tv during the holidays blows....

Anyhoo.... I downloaded and watched "Gravity" last night. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a movie as much as I enjoyed Gravity.
    Most movies now days have so many plot holes I can't stand to watch them. Gravity only had a couple plot holes and they take an understanding of orbital mechanics to uncover.

I'm giving Gravity five stars. I bet it wins big on the award circuit.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Thank God for screener season because Tv during the holidays blows....

Anyhoo.... I downloaded and watched "Gravity" last night. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a movie as much as I enjoyed Gravity.
    Most movies now days have so many plot holes I can't stand to watch them. Gravity only had a couple plot holes and they take an understanding of orbital mechanics to uncover.

I'm giving Gravity five stars. I bet it wins big on the award circuit.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    That's one movie I was super glad I saw on the big screen. It was such an amazing visual spectacle I doubt the TV could have done it justice. I was so blown away watching some of those scenes! Def an amazing movie either way though. :)

Have you tried 1channel on XBMC? Just run an HDMI cable between your computer and TV and you have every movie or TV show ever made at your finger tips. No need to torrent and burn, just press a couple buttons and start playing it in seconds. Not a good demo video, but you get the idea.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Downloaded "Rush" and watched it. It's by far the best movie I have seen in the past 10 years.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    ................. Not a good demo video, but you get the idea.

No, unfortunately I don't really. I'm still a bit new to anything beyond putting the now archaic DVD in the machine. So, download XBMC and then it has an option on it called "Channel 1" and once that it selected a gazillion TV and movie options are available??

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDuke View Post
    No, unfortunately I don't really. I'm still a bit new to anything beyond putting the now archaic DVD in the machine. So, download XBMC and then it has an option on it called "Channel 1" and once that it selected a gazillion TV and movie options are available??
    Pretty much yeah... Just install XBMC on your computer, then follow this 5 minute setup guide. Then you will have every movie and every TV show ever made at your finger tips. It works shockingly good and is free.
    http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/10/...-in-5-minutes/

Edit: Let me know if you have any troubles. It's a little tricky your 1st time through, Might take 10 minutes instead of 5 :)
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Anybody here use TorGuard for their BitTorrent services? I just noticed a great deal, $23.50 for a year by using this coupon code at checkout:

TGLifetime50

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Pretty much yeah... Just install XBMC on your computer, then follow this 5 minute setup guide. Then you will have every movie and every TV show ever made at your finger tips. It works shockingly good and is free.
    http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/10/...-in-5-minutes/

Edit: Let me know if you have any troubles. It's a little tricky your 1st time through, Might take 10 minutes instead of 5 :)
    It's also pretty easy to set up the amazon fire stick with TVMC. I ran TVMC on the tablet and sent it the chromecast and haven't had to torrent anything in over a year since doing it this way. Way easier and you can find almost everything. Now with the fire stick it's even easier. I prefer Genesis over 1Channel. If you use the chromecast or firestick ($40) then you just plug it into the HDMI port on your TV and you're good to go with any movie or tv show you can imagine!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Anybody here use TorGuard for their BitTorrent services? I just noticed a great deal, $23.50 for a year by using this coupon code at checkout:

TGLifetime50
    Nobody torrents anymore. Why do that? You can stream everything, in better quality, any time you want with TVMC. Plus you avoid the whole download/own it thing. I think it's a bit more legally ambiguous to stream than to download as well. If you actually want to have a drive somewhere full of movie files than I think torrenting still makes sense but now the only time i still download something is if I'm flying somewhere and want a usb stick full of material or if I'm going to be somewhere without WIFI for awhile.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Gotta love screener season.... I watched Concussion, Creed and The Revenant, all are excellent. Will Smith will probably win a bunch of shit for Concussion.

I have Joy, Spotlight, Hateful Eight, The Martion, Steve Jobs and Heart of the Sea for later in the week.

The kids have the cam version of Star Wars which is a pretty good copy for a cam that came out two days after the release. The kids saw the movie opening day at the theater but have since watched the cam half a dozen times.

Has anybody seen Matt Damon's embarrassment, The Wall? WTF, what a stupid movie. I want my bandwidth back.

Is that different then Trumps wall? A friend was asking.

LOL

Is that different then Trumps wall? A friend was asking.

LOL
    Oh maybe it was one of those protest movies and I was watching it under the wrong context.

I can't get my torrent files to work anymore. I used to use bitcomet but I have stopped because it won't finish my downloads. They get to 90% then they just stop. What are you cool kids using these days? Have torrents fallen out of fashion? Is there something better out there?