Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Last thing I torrented was:

How many GB's would you guys say you're downloading a week?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

10ish

Edit: Actually that's not true. When they gave me a warning they said I was at 120gb for the month. Not sure how much constantly streaming and playing online games uses.... But I bet I'm at least 20gb per week.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I watch TV online all the time. Especially sports that are not broadcast in my area. I wonder if they monitor those sites as well? There are so many to choose from. I always find the game that I am looking for.

As far as straight Torrent Downloading I am averaging about 10 gigs a week. I am not sure about my uploads but I think that one is around 15 gigs a week.

Some weeks I don't download torrents at all but there have been a couple weeks lately that I have downloaded 35+ Gigs. I usually download the full 1080p releases which have been around 10 gigs or so a piece.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

I watched Moneyball last night... its one of the better movies I've seen this year. You don't have to be a baseball fan to like the movie. But it does give a good look inside what its like running a major league sports team.

Just finished Warrior... excellent movie with a good story.

Blog Entries
    If you haven't been watching the TV series Sherlock on the BBC - join the bandwagon. You are truly missing out if you haven't seen em yet. They are better than the movies anyday (although the movies are still good to watch)...

But Season 2 of the BBC version just aired yesterday, as a FYI.....

I'm excited!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    If you haven't been watching the TV series Sherlock on the BBC - join the bandwagon. You are truly missing out if you haven't seen em yet. They are better than the movies anyday (although the movies are still good to watch)...

But Season 2 of the BBC version just aired yesterday, as a FYI.....

I'm excited!
    Benedict Cumberbatch rocks! Excellent series.

Is that a new Sherlock Holmes series or the old classic?

BTW, has anyone received three strikes and you're out warning from Comcast for downloading pirated movies? I had two strikes, then I moved to NY :D
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow View Post
    Is that a new Sherlock Holmes series or the old classic?

BTW, has anyone received three strikes and you're out warning from Comcast for downloading pirated movies? I had two strikes, then I moved to NY :D
    It's a new Sherlock. It takes place in Modern times, but has the old book theme. It's good. Not sure about Comcast - I use Qwest, sorry.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Thanks for the info on Sherlock.

And yes, I actually meant Qwest. One day I noticed my browser was redirecting to Qwest website telling me to call them. When I did, I was informed that my account is suspended because it was used to download pirated content. When I asked how I can get it reactivated again, I was told to delete all the illegal content. I was also warned that after a third occurence my contract with Qwest would be terminated. I had two strikes. In both instances they forwarded me emails from some California attorney named something Hussein with all kinds of legal text and the titles of "allegedly" downloaded movies, tv shows.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow View Post
    BTW, has anyone received three strikes and you're out warning
    Nope, never received a warning of any type from anyone.

My ISP is a 3rd party that buys line space from Qwest if I understand things correctly. I've had an account with them forever and I'm not even sure if they do this anymore. I think I'm just grandfathered along.

Standard response to any legalize involving torrents is "Thanks for letting me know I had a problem with the security settings on my wireless router".

Maybe even more interesting... I have at least two neighbors with unsecured routers, I could always just download through those connections...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Nope, never received a warning of any type from anyone.

My ISP is a 3rd party that buys line space from Qwest if I understand things correctly. I've had an account with them forever and I'm not even sure if they do this anymore. I think I'm just grandfathered along.
    Sounds like we need to set up a bogley file sharing server

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Sounds like we need to set up a bogley file sharing server
    Added member value for joining "Big Shots".

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

CenturyLink and Torrents.... so.... any of you using CenturyLink and torrents? Recieved any warnings or notices?

The reason I ask is I'm switching to CenturyLink to get more speed at a much cheaper rate. My current ISP could care less what I do so long as they get their check every month. Just curious what others have experianced with CenturyLink.

FWIW: I don't torrent a lot... but sometimes it's the only convenient way of getting the show or movie you want to watch.

Thanks in advance...

I'm using CenturyLink (unfortunately) and I don't torrent a lot of movies, it's usually TV series like Breaking Bad, Falling Skies and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm using CenturyLink (unfortunately) and I don't torrent a lot of movies, it's usually TV series like Breaking Bad, Falling Skies and such.
    Love falling skies! When those insects crawled out of that dude's mouth I got legit creeped out. Hasn't happened for a long time.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Re: Last thing I torrented was:

The Avengers and Generation Kill
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?