Circuit advertisement

Re: Last thing I torrented was:

Shameless - Awesome show.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH View Post
    Shameless - Awesome show.
    Shameless is awesome. Doesnt hurt that you get to see rossum naked all the time!
    Just got Falling Skies last night and finished Hell on Wheels S01. Great!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Just finished season five of Californication. Love that show.

Im
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

I'm almost through all of the seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix... now I will have to start torrenting all of the newer seasons because I can't wait for it to get here :)
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    How is it?
    It's awesome! It's a 7 part HBO mini-series based on a true story about a Rolling Stone magazine reported embedded a Marine Recon division as they push toward Iraq post 9/11.

If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

Quote Originally Posted by bbennett View Post
    It's awesome! It's a 7 part HBO mini-series based on a true story about a Rolling Stone magazine reported embedded a Marine Recon division as they push toward Iraq post 9/11.

If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it
    I'll second that; damn good show.

Combine these two stories:

Story 1
    Story 2

Be careful what you guys are publicly sharing. I am not trying to scare you guys here, but our country is not as free as it once was and I fear we need to be a lot more careful about what we say online.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Great read, goes along with what alot of us are asking, why in the world is homeland security working for the movie studios?

Should I put my tin foil hat on before reading the articles?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Combine these two stories:

Story 1
    Story 2

Be careful what you guys are publicly sharing. I am not trying to scare you guys here, but our country is not as free as it once was and I fear we need to be a lot more careful about what we say online.
    This really belongs in this thread.....

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?65289

Pirate Bay Moves to The Cloud, Becomes Raid-Proof
    October 17, 2012

The Pirate Bay has made an important change to its infrastructure. The world’s most famous BitTorrent site has switched its entire operation to the cloud. From now on The Pirate Bay will serve its users from several cloud hosting providers scattered around the world. The move will cut costs, ensure better uptime, and make the site virtually invulnerable to police raids — all while keeping user data secure.

The Pirate Bay is loved by millions of file-sharers but is also a thorn in the side of the entertainment industries.

The latter group continues to push authorities to take action against the site. The Pirate Bay was raided back in 2006 and there are rumors that the police might try again in the near future.

The Pirate Bay is not oblivious to this looming threat. They have backups in place and are shielding the true location of their servers. Nevertheless, should the site lose all its servers it might take a while to get back online.

This is one of the reasons why The Pirate Bay decided to move the site into the cloud yesterday. The switch resulted in five minutes downtime and was hardly noticed by the public, but it’s a big change for the infamous BitTorrent site.

Hosting in the cloud also makes the site easier to scale, it reduces downtime, and is also cheaper.

“Moving to the cloud lets TPB move from country to country, crossing borders seamlessly without downtime. All the servers don’t even have to be hosted with the same provider, or even on the same continent,” The Pirate Bay told TorrentFreak.

The Pirate Bay is currently hosted at cloud hosting companies in two countries where they run several Virtual Machine (VM) instances.

“Running on VMs cuts down operation costs and complexity. For example, we never need anyone to do hands-on work like earlier this month when we were down for two days because someone had to fix a broken power distribution unit,” The Pirate Bay says.

The setup also makes it possible for the BitTorrent site to take their business elsewhere without too much hassle.

“If one cloud-provider cuts us off, goes offline or goes bankrupt, we can just buy new virtual servers from the next provider. Then we only have to upload the VM-images and reconfigure the load-balancer to get the site up and running again.”

While most of Pirate Bay’s former servers are now obsolete, not everything was moved to the cloud.

The load balancer and transit-routers are still owned and operated by The Pirate Bay, which allows the site to hide the location of the cloud provider. It also helps to secure the privacy of the site’s users.

The hosting providers have no idea that they’re hosting The Pirate Bay, and even in the event they found out it would be impossible for them to gather data on the users.

“All communication with users goes through TPB’s load balancer, which is a disk-less server with all the configuration in RAM. The load balancer is not in the same country as the transit-router or the cloud servers,” The Pirate Bay told us.

“The communication between the load balancer and the virtual servers is encrypted. So even if a cloud provider found out they’re running TPB, they can’t look at the content of user traffic or user’s IP-addresses.”

In addition The Pirate Bay now believes it’s more raid proof.

The worst case scenario is that The Pirate Bay loses both its transit router and its load balancer. All the important data is backed up externally on VMs that can be re-installed at cloud hosting providers anywhere in the world.

“If the police decide to raid us again there are no servers to take, just a transit router. If they follow the trail to the next country and find the load balancer, there is just a disk-less server there. In case they find out where the cloud provider is, all they can get are encrypted disk-images,” The Pirate Bay says.

“They have to be quick about it too, if the servers have been out of communication with the load balancer for 8 hours they automatically shut down. When the servers are booted up, access is only granted to those who have the encryption password,” they add.

For Pirate Bay users the move to the cloud doesn’t change much though. If anything, they will notice significantly less downtime.

Just finished the first 8 episodes of breaking bad S05

Just watched UFC 153 last night, and afterwards spent the $55 bucks I would've given to DirecTV on groceries.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

16. Likes Deathcricket liked this post

Last thing I torrented was:

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Just finished the first 8 episodes of breaking bad S05

Just watched UFC 153 last night, and afterwards spent the $55 bucks I would've given to DirecTV on groceries.
    Did you stream it through Adhe?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Did you stream it through Adhe?
    No. Downloaded the MP4 from PirateBay onto computer.

American Horror Story. I'm a huge fan of horror and each show is like an hour long horror flick. Pretty awesome. Also picked up the latest seasons of Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad, True Blood, Hell on Wheels, and Weeds. Might have to stop playing Halo to get through it all...
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Picked up "Brave" for the hot young stripper wife last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Picked up "Brave" for the hot young stripper wife last night.

Costco or Best Buy?

Watched Killer Joe on Christmas Eve. It was a good movie if you like messed up. It certainly got me in the Christmas spirit watching a couple of the beatings.... ha-ha

Sent using Tapatalk