Thread: Silver reef canyons

Silver reef canyons

Does anyone know if there is other canyons in the silver reef area besides Boltergiest and Yankee Doodle?And if so were can i find some bata on them.
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Those are the only 2 I know of. Bo mentioned another one or 2 I think but they were not worth doing.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Re: Silver reef canyons

Quote Originally Posted by Pubalz
    Does anyone know if there is other canyons in the silver reef area besides Boltergiest and Yankee Doodle?And if so were can i find some bata on them.
    Yes there is, no on the beta.

Bitter Creek I understand is a bunch of up/down climbs. Cottonwood Creek looks promising.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

Bitter Creek I understand is a bunch of up/down climbs. Cottonwood Creek looks promising.
    Dick Shear explored the area pretty thoroughly, and Boltergeist and Yankee Doodle are the ones he considered worth doing.

Was out there the other week. Darn hot it be.

Tom

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia
    Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

Dick Shear explored the area pretty thoroughly, and Boltergeist and Yankee Doodle are the ones he considered worth doing.

Was out there the other week. Darn hot it be.

Tom
    Thanks for the info Tom. Isn't there Shear canyon as well. Was that one not worth considering.

I have no clue how good Shear canyon is, here is what I know.... directly from Dick:

Shear Canyon has a large rappel 150' to 170' that exits Quail Canyon just before it connects with Water Canyon. After they meet, we call it Quail-Water canyon. The last drop in Shear Canyon has two bolts in the spillway. These should be checked.

If you feel real ambitious, you might want to check it out. Soooooo.. Do Boltergeist and instead of upclimbing back to your vehicle, continue down canyon (mucho water) , as soon as you pass Quail Canyon entering from your left, turn left up Quail Canyon. Go a ways 1/4 mile prox and upclimb the berm. Find the big waterfalls (dry most of the time). The base has a beautiful garden and a small cave. I have always wanted to upclimb it and avoid the traditional long hike for the last two great rappels. After upclimbing Shear canyon for the two rapps, go back down. Go down canyon and swim the labyrinth short slot which exits into Red Cliffs Park.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Dave
    there are 2 other "good" canyons in the area, but too long of aproaches for this time of year.

Silver reef canyons

Iwas thinking of doing them maybe next week . It looks like we mite get some rain this weekend. Maybe the St Goerge area will a little rain also.A little water in those canyons would be nice. Thanks for the info everyone.
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...