Thread: TR: Little Ice Cave

TR: Little Ice Cave

The ice this year in Little Ice Cave was looking better than I've seen it in years.

Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    That looks so cool! Great photos!

BTW Jumar you throw pretty much 90% of the stuff on this part of the board and I just wanted to let you know I appreciate that. Your stuff rocks.

Amazing ice formations.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    BTW Jumar you throw pretty much 90% of the stuff on this part of the board and I just wanted to let you know I appreciate that. Your stuff rocks.
    Thanks
    We need to get more bogles to get underground, don't we?

Bogley BigShot
    I am too afraid of the dark!

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    I'd like to go sometime, but I need to know how much unexplored passage there is so I can decide if it's enough to make it worthwhile. Oh, and I'm all out of string, so gotta swing by Ace before hand for a ball...and some batteries for my flashlight.

So, where to?

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon
    Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    I'd like to go sometime, but I need to know how much unexplored passage there is so I can decide if it's enough to make it worthwhile. Oh, and I'm all out of string, so gotta swing by Ace before hand for a ball...and some batteries for my flashlight.

So, where to?
    I haven't found many Utah caves yet with unexplored passage. Maybe I'm not 'in' the cavers circle deep enough yet.
    Toothbrush Cave has some unexplored stuff though. It might connect up with LBCC. Some digging going on in Upper Cave as well.

There's some good projects up in the Tony Grove area, but I've only been in that area once.

Cool TR man. Looks like a good time. BTW, isn't everything unexplored if you've never been there before? Just a thought

maybe we could get more people underground if guys like you didnt think that the more caves they kept under the radar was more of a chance to beat your chest. i understand that you gotta keep these things open by keeping them clean and safe, but some of you guys sure do brag about how many more holes you know of then somebody else does...

Quote Originally Posted by old.man.surly
    maybe we could get more people underground if guys like you didnt think that the more caves they kept under the radar was more of a chance to beat your chest. i understand that you gotta keep these things open by keeping them clean and safe, but some of you guys sure do brag about how many more holes you know of then somebody else does...
    Hmmm, I haven't been accused of that before.
    I'm interested in getting more people into caving, just like with any of my outdoor sports. Why don't you come caving with us old.man.surly?

I guess it would be different if jumar had posted exact coordinates and directions to this cave. Otherwise, he's just showing us a good time and some very cool pics.

Wow no kidding. I've been on numerous trips with jumar and if anyone is willing to give coords and be helpful, he is. I'm afraid that the stereotypical caver bit doesn't hold any weight in this case

I agree Jumar is a very valuable asset to ol bogley and a good friend. BTW jumar I was curios where can we find this here little ice cave? I would be very interested in going sometime. Perhaps you could show me the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mills mania
    I agree Jumar is a very valuable asset to ol bogley and a good friend. BTW jumar I was curios where can we find this here little ice cave? I would be very interested in going sometime. Perhaps you could show me the way.
    It's in the Pryor mountains of Montana. Up for a long drive?

Some awesome caves up there!!!

by the way Jordan, glad to have you here participating

Dang no kidding that would be a long drive. It looks like a pretty sweet little cave though! Perhaps some day I will make it there. Thanks for the welcome too jumar. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!