Thread: Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July

"O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife. Who more than self their country loved And mercy more than life! America! America! May God thy gold refine Till all success be nobleness And every gain divine!"

America the Beautiful
    Words by Katharine Lee Bates

I love this country and I appreciate the people who have given so much that we may enjoy freedom! Happy 4th of July!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Happy 4th

Man, if this country wasn't great enough I went to a parade this morning and just watched the World Championship Hotdog eating contest live on ESPN.

Wow! What a country!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I went to a parade this morning and just watched the World Championship Hotdog eating contest live on ESPN.

Wow! What a country!
    You have to love a country where they build Monster Trucks just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    You have to love a country where they build Monster Trucks just for the hell of it.

Just home from working an OT shift for our City's 4th of July parade. Man, do I LOVE air conditioning!

Happy Independence Day all, and whatever you decide to do today, be safe!
    "All roads, all codes!"

Happy 4th of July!!!

I saw a huge tanker plane fly over Park City. It was cool. It was flying very low, turning just over the hills. Awesome sight. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Fireworks just about to start here. Great day at the pool and cooking out. The grand-daughters learned to snorkel (very fast) and we went out to the beach for sunset.

Happy 4th everyone who loves the country.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Happy Independence Day, neighbours!

Ka-pow!

In Ada's Wintersmith Park tonight...

Tonight I rest after a BBQ at the old man's house...... but....

Tomorrow night the Supermodified's are in town for their once a year visit to SLC.

They will be at Rockey Mountain Raceway.... if anyone from here is going out let me know.... racing at 6pm.... nice fireworks show for the kiddies after.....

What's a Super??????

Only the must wild race car on the planet...

My daughter Sierra sitting in a Supermodified.

Imagine a car with the speed of an Indy Car and the handling of a Midget. Imagine a car so fast in the corners that it'll try to suck your head off your shoulders. Imagine 850 hp dangling next to your left leg. Imagine no more.

Welcome to the world of Supermodified racing, possibly the best kept secret in American motorsports. Fans of the Supermodifieds call them the ultimate short-track racing machines on the planet. They are viciously fast, handle like they're glued to the track, and deliver heart-stopping, edge-of-your-seat excitement.

Supers, as they are affectionately called, are largely home-built race cars with monster engines, different-sized tires, and mammoth wings on the top of the car. They are lightweight open-wheeled machines with tube frames scantily clad in aluminum bodywork. Part Sprint car, part F-1 ride, the Super is a hybrid that sits a razor-thin 3 inches off the ground. In the hands of a capable driver, these cars can do things that a NASCAR Cup car could only dream about.