Thread: Mountain Biking Near Fairview?

Mountain Biking Near Fairview?

Is there any decent mountain biking near Fairview? I don't really want to share trails with ATV's, but ATV trails are all I've been able to find so far. I'm headed down there on Friday.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dude!- There are several killer rides near Fairview; Pete's Hole/Mary's Lake loop, Castle Valley rim, etc. If you're ever in Price come by the shop (BicycleWorks 640 East Main) and I'll show you a map.
    SCREW SEA OTTER!!!!!!! http://FuzzysBicycleworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinerider
    http://sanpetecounty.org/pages/bike

I have never "rode" over 10,000 feet, but I have ridden over 10,000 feet. I can understand gramatical errors in posts and comment pages, but on a publised website? Welcome to red neck Utah.

I've seen that one and a few others. It's a road/ATV trail. I'm looking for single track.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Pete's hole is singletrack if you start at Pete's hole and turn around at Mary's Lake. Not exactly what I would call close to Fairview tho...... It's pretty fun and winds by a number of small lakes, when the meadows get going the singletrack pretty much disappears. You can usually sight straight across a meadow and see cairns/sign post to continue on.

Pioneer is singletrack too, and pretty fun, but only about 4-5 miles long. Best done with a shuttle unless you like dodging logging trucks. Haven't done Flume.

Skyline Drive is pretty good for a dirt road. Think Wasatch Crest except 50 miles long...oh yeah, and dirt road vs. singletrack (big difference)

*when I say 50 miles, I mean the section that's over 10000 feet.

But yeah, I don't know of anything close to Fairview.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool

I have never "rode" over 10,000 feet, but I have ridden over 10,000 feet. I can understand gramatical errors in posts and comment pages, but on a publised website? Welcome to red neck Utah.

I've seen that one and a few others. It's a road/ATV trail. I'm looking for single track.
    THe other 2 are single track, They are in Ephraim Canyon, but that's not far away from Fairview at all. There is a ton of single track in Sanpete, but almost none of it is online, you have to find it, or know someone who knows where to go. Bikers down there don't give up their secrets easily.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool

It's Sanpete County English, that's all!
    "All roads, all codes!"