Thread: Cry for help

Cry for help

I want to take the family out up north. I only the Southern Utah area great, but anything north I have no clue on. I talked to Beech and a couple of other and can't make up my mind. So maybe I can throw it out here to get some help?

I would like:

1. Car camping with my little popup
    2. Access to some water (lake/river) that I can take my inflatable canoe on and kids can throw rocks in for 4 hours straight
    3. Pretty landscape
    4. Not too hot and no bugs preferably.

My wife wants to go to Colter Bay area, has anyone ever stayed that? Any feedback? My wife also wants to go to Grand Tetons area, I was thinking more of Wind Rivers.... anyways, let me know if you guys know of any good spots to go car camping somewhere.

Thanks.... back to research

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There are some easy places in the Uintas too, like Christmas Meadows. Even China Meadows. Usually crowded this time of year though.

Fishing, great scenery. Bugs may be out this time of year though.

Christmas Meadows is very nice for pop-up trailer camping, and there are lots of lakes to take the raft out on (see my pictures in the Hiking section). In the Wind Rivers your best campsite will be Green River Lakes. There are trails going around the lakes (best view of Square Top is from Upper Green River Lake, it's about a 2 mile'ish each way hike, but minimal elevation gain). Clear Creek Valley is another easy hike to a spectacular valley, and can be accessed along the East shore of Lower Green River Lake. Swimming and floating are allowed on the lake. Bugs can be bad, but aren't always. I guess you can call the forest service and ask how they are. Lot's of info here:

http://www.pinedaleonline.com/GreenRvrLkC&T.HTM

Here are some pics taken with one of the crappiest camera's ever (it was all I had at the time)!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum