Thread: Mill Creek Swimming Hole - Video

Mill Creek Swimming Hole - Video

Since there have been some TR's regarding Mill Creek Swimming Hole in this forum I thought I would post a couple videos of a family outing we took there this last weekend. What a blast.

Be warned this video was created for family members so it is a little redundant but it should give you a bit of an idea about what to expect. This is also my first ever edited video. I'm not real happy with the resolution.

The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ah, that's a fun little spot.

What program did you use to edit? and what were your settings? It wasn't too bad for YouTube.

With my new JVC Everio 335 digicam I got Cyberlink Powerdirection 5 Express and created the video with that. The detail setting on the camera itself was one level below ultrafine and the video looks very fine on the 'puter. However, when I converted to mpg or even wmv the video becomes painfully grainy. Suggestions?

I've been using Cyberlink PD5 lately too.

I usually save as MPEG1, and it has 352 X 240 resolution, which is fine for me because I'm just going to YouTube anyways.

I've found if you go super high quality, then upload to YT, they'll compress the crap out of it. So save a super high quality for you and your family, then resave the same project at the lower quality.

PD5 has some great options for color optimization and shake reduction, but depending on the lighting, this can pixelate the movie. I've found that just after the sun sets, I get some better color.

Thanks Beech. I'll play around with it. I downloaded a demo of Powerdirector 7 last night and was really impressed. I may just have to fork out the $70 for it.

That's all it is, huh? 70 bucks.... that's worth it. I guess I'd have to see what new features are available. I'm pretty happy with what I have.