Thread: Zion addictive?

Zion addictive?

Hey guys and dolls,

I have 5 days off, 7/11 to 7/16. Seriously thinking of coming back to Zion with a friend to spend more time getting to know the area better. If anyone is up for doing any canyons, please let me know. I should have a decision firmed up this up-coming weekend.

Peace!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Zion addictive?

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Hey guys and dolls,

I have 5 days off, 7/11 to 7/16. Seriously thinking of coming back to Zion with a friend to spend more time getting to know the area better. If anyone is up for doing any canyons, please let me know. I should have a decision firmed up this up-coming weekend.

Peace!
    Dang!! That it the only weekend we are not in Zion for June, July and August!!!! I will let you know if our plans change.

Hey guys and dolls,

Peace!
    It's VERY hot out there right now...108 Deg. F on Sat!
    Be preparred for early starts...
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    Hey guys and dolls,

Peace!
    Depending on what you plan on doing, the heat is great!

No wetsuits required.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Hey guys and dolls,

Peace!
    Depending on what you plan on doing, the heat is great!

No wetsuits required.
    Yeah, that's true but hiking in or outta the canyon is where it gets ya!
    I had a heck of a time hiking in the heat of the day on the way "in" & the way "out" out of my destination canyon! Maybe it's just me, but the heat wears me out quicker than anything else!

I was wishing I was in Alaska with Carpey! ICEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia
    Hey guys and dolls,

Peace!
    Dang!! That it the only weekend we are not in Zion for June, July and August!!!! I will let you know if our plans change.

Please do let me know. It'd be great to hike with you and John! Had fun talking with you all at the Noodle.

Hey guys and dolls,

Peace!
    That's what I hear. Early starts are good. Water involved is even better.

Sucks you won't be a few days longer. Josh and I are trying to pull a few buddies together for the weekend of 18, 19, 20 July to do some Zion canyons...

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Sucks you won't be a few days longer. Josh and I are trying to pull a few buddies together for the weekend of 18, 19, 20 July to do some Zion canyons...
    DANG!!!!! Well my timing must be all kinds of wrong here. HAHA!!! Of course it's virtually un-changeable b/c I am covering for a co-worker at work the rest of the week. Keep me posted on what dates you guys decide. There is one small, very tiny trick up my sleeve I could make happen.....but it's no guarantee.

DANG!!!!! Well my timing must be all kinds of wrong here. HAHA!!! Of course it's virtually un-changeable b/c I am covering for a co-worker at work the rest of the week. Keep me posted on what dates you guys decide. There is one small, very tiny trick up my sleeve I could make happen.....but it's no guarantee.
    The date for us is firm. The group is still up in the air (Josh and I for sure, maybe 2-4 others) and there has been some talk about heading for the Swell or the Roost or even just backpacking into the Uinta mountains but I'm pushing for Zion.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar

I had a heck of a time hiking in the heat of the day on the way "in" & the way "out" out of my destination canyon! Maybe it's just me, but the heat wears me out quicker than anything else!
    cough Where is the TR 4 Heaps cough

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    cough Where is the TR 4 Heaps cough

I don't know where the TR is!
    I'm still waiting for someone to write one up to go with the pix I'm gonna post (soon as I get em all uploaded and captioned). I can't wait to read all about our incredibly awesome adventure!!!!

Just sent you a PM on this

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    What canyons are you guys looking at?
    I might be able to go on the 18th, have wilderness first aid course on the 19-20

Ok bum deal on my end......got the Pm's ya'll and responded. Thanks everyone for the possibility of hooking up for some canyons. But damn if it's not going to work out this weekend. I tried!! So my deal is this: Choosing 5 days in September and making it happen. Will keep ya posted on the days that end up working out.