Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Tech help

More Tech help

I am trying to get on a website, the format of it has changed, (not this one) everytime I access this at work it brings up the old site, just on my computer, but nobody else's I have cleared all personal data, cleared internet history, used disk cleanup etc.. I am using Fx 3.0 does anybody else have any clues to why it is doing this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You either have the old website cached on your hard drive.... or you are linking to the old web site which has not been removed....

Try this....

Start > Run >
    Then type %temp%
    Delete everything that shows up in the box.....

Then you should also clean your browser files.... I have no idea how to do that with FF.... in Windows Explorere it's

Tools > Interenet options
    Delete cookies, temp, yada, yada....

I have done that and it is still not working, Justin told me that he has taken down the old website files and they no longer exist on the web, I have searched for the files on my hard drive and can't find if they exist anywhere on my hard drive.

If I am clearing them right in FF it is Tools/Clear Private Data

Yeah, that old website is dead and gone.

You've got to have it somewhere on your computer. Maybe your hosts file is pointing there somehow?

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the hosts file. See if there's anything in there pointing to gwsupply.com. If so, whack it.

also do a search on your PC for folders named www or index. Maybe they contain the old website files.

You usually shouldn't have to do this, but maybe some of the old site files were managed on that computer.

I am lost on this one, I have even un-installed FX and it still don't work

Does it work correctly with MS internet explorer?

Re: More Tech help

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    I am using Fx 3.0 does anybody else have any clues to why it is doing this.
    I just can't help myself.....

I told ya so......

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12478

No it don't work in IE, and NO it's not a FX 3.0 problem, I have 3.0 installed on other computers here and it works fine on them, I think I have the old website Cached on my PC somewhere and i can't find it. When I had FX uninstalled I tried it in IE and it still brought up the old site.

Maybe do a general search for the word "Bogley" and see what's up?

If you have the website cached you will probably get a bunch of hits in a stange directory....

PS... I'm not an IT guy, I just play one on the internet.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
    ok, that was laughable

My guess is that it's not your computer, but rather you're connected through a caching proxy server or some other such thing that's feeding your browser an old version of the site you're requesting. How are you connecting to the net (at home through your ISP, at work, etc.)?

1. close all internet browsers
    2. run ccleaner
    3. do what beech said but delete every thing in the etc dir. (i had to do that because i was unable to get my website to open from my computer... been working great so far.)
    4. open your browser and besure to refresh the webpage you want to look at a few times...

if that don't work.... then i haven't a clue.

good luck.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    My guess is that it's not your computer, but rather you're connected through a caching proxy server or some other such thing that's feeding your browser an old version of the site you're requesting. How are you connecting to the net (at home through your ISP, at work, etc.)?
    I am at work, I am the only one that get's the old website I have some computers on FX 2.0 & some on FX 3.0

help
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Connection > Settings (see screenshot below) and compare it to other computers at work that are actually displaying the site correctly. I still don't think the issue is with your browser's cache--there's no way IE and FF would have the exact same problem 'cause they don't share cache directories.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Code:
    format C: /sys