Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: |||||||||||||||||||||| Bogley.com 3.0 ||||||||||||||||||||||

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Great job guys!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very cool. Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Working on a new t-shirt design to match the look and new branding elements. Sending it to the printer this week.
    These new shirts are going to be really cool! We will have to do a poll or get some requests to see how many to order.

Only comment....

I would prefer to see a little larger picture in the picture bar and less of them... the picture bar is now too busy for my refined taste... maybe double the picture size and only have 5 pictures.

Just my two cents.... the rest looks nice. I hated the old slideshow entrance with a passion.... I'm not sorry to see that go.

Groovy....way to go guys. Let me know about the shirts, i'll definitely be buying.....Jim
    Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the Grave in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ...Holy Shit... What A Ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Yeah, Scott and I saw JP online when we were rolling it out. He was officially the first member to see the change.
    And keep in mind it's even later here

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I do believe that JP hasn't closed his eyes since 1988.

What's your secret man?
    LOL, work midnights for 18 or so years, all I need is 3.5 to 4 hours a day. My head hits the pillow when I see it starting to get light, around 5 EST and I'm up by 8-8:30 EST.

I like Bogley 3.0. I feel like the home page is much more of a solid stand alone website, and the tribe report index seems a lot better there. It seems like the trip report section only has the option to see like 3 reports at a time, am I missing something or is there no option for how many reports you would like on each page? If it is a ton of work don't worry about it, but it would be nice if there were a simple drop down menu to select how many reports to view at once.

Also- As I mentioned I do like the homepage a lot now. Is there any concern now about the homepage, reducing forum activity? It seems like the forum is now part of the site (and I am sure it will continue to be a major part), instead of the forum being the site.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Actually, I've spent a lot of time hanging out on the home page, just watching the latest forum posts from there.

Seeing 3 Trip Reports, or posts at a time... Yes, that can be changed very easily to whatever number we want. Downside is, the Flickr photos load a little slow, because it loads the whole set. We kind of decided that maybe 3 at a time was the most functional, and then you've got your "previous" and "next" links on the top and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Is there any concern now about the homepage, reducing forum activity? It seems like the forum is now part of the site (and I am sure it will continue to be a major part), instead of the forum being the site.
    We actually think that direct link to the posts will increase forum participation. Sometimes I see the red dot in a forum I don't visit very often, and I never click to see what topics have been added. This feature shows you up front, just in case there were a topic that sounded interesting, in a forum I don't have interest in... like Canyoneering.

We've wanted to see the website become bigger than just the forum a while ago too, basically when we moved it to "/forum" instead of just ".com". This is just a long overdue move that has finally happened.

Yeah, the homepage wont decrease but increase participation.

I like the new layout. Sweet setup, mabey I will change my bookmark back to the homepage now! Great job guys.

I can see where Summit and Four are coming from. I wish there was a good middle ground. I guess deleting all there pics fix their concerns but I do miss there TR's.

For the record you can post my pictures on flickr, but I reserve the right to change my mind.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yeah, the homepage wont decrease but increase participation.
    It makes sense. I can definitely see that it will increase traffic to the site, and hopefully avoid some repeat posts of the same questions about the same places.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Hmmmmmmmm

another thing I've thought about is showing more of the forum posts on the home page. You get that "word association game" going, and that's all 5 slots.

Then again, it just drops everything else lower down the side, so it's a trade off.

Another nice thing about that is you can see the titles of the threads in the "members only" sections.

Just a thought beech....

What about only showing the titles/threads from the most popular forums on the main page and not everything... say hiking, biking, canyoneering, yada, yada.... eliminate General, rubbish bin, political, noob's....

It all looks good

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Thanks for the positive feedback.

Working on a new t-shirt design to match the look and new branding elements. Sending it to the printer this week.
    These new shirts are going to be really cool! We will have to do a poll or get some requests to see how many to order.
    I would love a cool Bogley shirt, might buy more than one! It would be cool to bump into a fellow forum member on the trail and recognize.

You got it Don. Workin' over the details with the printer this week. They should be sending over a proof. Getting stoked to see them.

I just added links to some of the main sections which have trip report index stickies. You'll see these links located on the right sidebar at the bottom under "TR Archives." Some of these sections are updated regularly and some are not so much. Anyway, stefan had the idea to add these links to the homepage. Good idea!