Thread: I Need Tech Help

I Need Tech Help

My mouse started acting up. The left click button does nothing, but the right button works fine. I reverse the roles of the buttons, now the right doesn't work, but the left does. A different mouse works fine. I uninstalled the mouse driver and re-installed afteer re-booting, no help. Any ides, besides going to Wal-Mart or Best Buy?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    What type of mouse, wireless or USB or forbid PS2?

If cabled, any damage to the cord that's visible? If so, discard and head to the store. Hell, for that matter if you're in the SL valley, I'll give you a new Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo for free.

Since you reversed the buttons and have proved it's not the button itself. I'm tempted to guess spyware. It does kooky things man. A user had a similar problem the other day where the mouse would only move along the vertical axis and not horizontal. I immediately swapped out the mouse but it ended up being spyware.

Try running ad aware or spybot, they are both free programs is what I would try 1st man. maybe go ask your neighbor if you can just swap his mouse for a second to test the hardware?

Wish i could be more help.

Thanks for trying. I run AdAWare and Spybot all the time, as well as AVG. Did i mention I tried another mouse and it works great? I feel like someone is playing games with me, but can't figure this one out.

This mouse is a Microsoft USB optical.
    Stan

Oh LoL, I didn't see that you had a different mouse and it worked fine. Yeah if you swap the hardware out and it works fine, sounds like it's time to get a new mouse.

I guess if you were really curious you could try the mouse out on a different computer and see if you get the same result. I'm a cheap bastard though and try to save everything, hehe.

OK, last effort. I took it apart to see if there was a mechanical problem that I might fix. No such luck, so I tossed it. Will use the one from my wife's machine until I can get another.

Thanks again for trying.

PS I must be a cheap bastard for trying to save this thing.
    Stan

Actually, I thought there was a function to "disable Right Click" somewhere... This would explain the problem when reversing the buttons too.

What OS are you on?

Beech are you talking about the Accessibility stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Beech are you talking about the Accessibility stuff?
    Hmm, maybe not. I thought I came across that option once in my many travels.

Put it down in front of the cat. It will straighten up its act.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Sledgehammer? Then take pix and post them here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Put it down in front of the cat. It will straighten up its act.
    Tried that. the cat actually tried to eat it, but the cat tries to eat everything.
    Stan