Thread: Fishlake NF ans there abouts??

Fishlake NF ans there abouts??

Yo and I have been getting a little further North than usual. Anybody got any good tips for the Fishlake N.F.? We're probably going to stay in the Beaver area for now.

We were up there Sat and it was beautiful. I just ordered a map and will need to get some topos. The area out to Big John's Flat looks very interesting. Including a hike up Mt Delaney in the Fall.

Thanks,
    Win

Tushar Mtns from Big Flat:

Puffer Lake, right along RT 153:

An old outhouse in the woods. Yo passed up the chance to go back in time:

Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I spend lots of time in the Tushars both winter and summer. What can I help you with Sir?

I like the Fillmore/Beaver area a lot. Really, I do!
    "All roads, all codes!"

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70
    I like the Fillmore/Beaver area a lot. Really, I do!
    Fillmore/Beaver/Virgin fantastic senery.

Kurt, give me an idea for a couple of hikes for us old folks. Or should I just follow some of the backroads and do some exploring.

From outside Virgin to Beaver all in a couple of hours!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Win
    As of right now I doubt the gate out of Big Johns is open.(certain) When it does open TAKE THE DRIVE!!! You can go all the way to I-70 if you want. Lots of side roads and hikes off that road. A classic is to drive to the pass above mud lake, park there and walk to Delano Peak. Incredible hike and not "too" much up and down. You will more than likely see Rocky Mountain goats on the hike and many times they can be spotted from this road.
    As for right now If you park in the upper parking lot of Elk Meadows resort you can go either North or East and be awed by great scenery. Let me know when your going and I will give you more if you want, maybe we'll go with. Several good geo-caches up in that area also.
    The other road that goes to Kents Lake area is more traveled but still a nice loop drive.

Thanks, Kurt, I'll let you know when we're heading up. This weekend is out but next weekend is a three dayer! We'll try for at least one day then.

Win

Win
    From Anderson meadow, find the trail to Munford Resv. I used to take pack trips up there, now it is ATV accessible. May be on the piute ATV trail map. Cool spot, several other lakes in the vicinity of Munford. Couple years ago we caught quite a few brookies in Munford. Do a google earth search.
    Anderson area is quite nice, sometimes the fishing can be quite good there,sometimes it can be wall to wall people.

Thanks, Kurt, we'll be up that way on Sat.

Win

I'll be up there Saturday also, mine is more business related. I have to meet a guy about building a cabin between little res. and Kents.
    Hope you guys have a good trip.

One more entendre; I haven't been to Beaver for months.

Well, now we know about Don's personal problems. I think I could make an entendre about canyons but won't.

Beautiful up there over the weekend, Kurt. We basically did some Jeep exploring and visited with a friend at Kents Lake. The road is still closed out of Big John's Flat, we'll have to go another day.

I think I need to get a Utah fishing license, we saw some beautiful fish! Then I can take your advise about some of the back country waters.

Win

From the sounds of it the road over the top from Big Johns flat may not open this year. Still lots if snow and the USFS guys think it may not open.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum