Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police officer shot this morning

Police officer shot this morning

I'm surprised this wasn't already up.
    A Lehi officer pulled over a car during a traffic stop, and the driver of the car shot him in the head. He was flown to the hospital for treatment.
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3598559

May our prayers be with he and his family

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thats a shame that this kind of crapp happens on a routine traffic stop. I hope the guy makes it through it somehow.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I was on my way to work just after this happened. Every cop in Lehi, Saratoga and all the sheriffs office were there or on their way there. I have never seen so many flashing lights before. Very sad story, hope the cop pulls through.
    The man thong is wrong.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I have never seen so many flashing lights before.
    Cops watch other cops backs.

Am I cold and heartles think it was best the criminal died.

Edit: I too hope he pulls through.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

I don't think it's cold and heartless at all. I hope she was hit in the belly and she died a very slow and excrutiating death.

I also feel for the family, I also am glad the female who shot him was killed, saves us a ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    I also feel for the family, I also am glad the female who shot him was killed, saves us a ton of money.
    As am I, I hope the cop makes a full recovery.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Ditto. Why have a trial where she gets off on a technicality or sentenced to a few years that taxes must pay for?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

What gets me is that cops do get killed on random traffic stops, and then everyone else complains when the cops are "overly protective". I think cops should treat every stop like it is a threat and if they decide to lower their guard once they talk to the person that is fine. God bless him and Police everywhere for what they do for us, and for what they have to put up with.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner

Nope. You really cannot expect anything less.

Sounds like he'll be fine, boy is he lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    What gets me is that cops do get killed on random traffic stops, and then everyone else complains when the cops are "overly protective".
    Yep and this is a prime example on why some cops walk up to vehicles with their hands on their weapons. The reason for a lot of things, but your average layperson just has no clue.

When ever I get pulled over, I roll down both front windows, shut off my vehicle and place the keys on the dashboard. Both hands are placed high on the streering wheel, in full view for the officer......all before he/she walks up to my window.

I do this in respect of the officers profession. It takes away many variables and seems to be appreciated. It could just be shithouse luck, but ever since I've been doing this as well as being brutally honest with the officer (telling them up front that I have a loaded weapon in the vehicle with me) I've received zero citations.

I'm going with shithouse luck.

From the sounds of it he is lucky to be alive. Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Good thing backup arrived and eliminated the threat. Like was said earlier saved the tax payers money and she did not get off on a stupid technicality. Some people amaze me...

Man, this brings back memories of the last Lehi Police Officer who was shot, and killed, Joseph Adams back in August, 2001.

I'm not a Utah native, but I remember Lehi being a small, cowboy town. Those days are long gone.

The Officer will recover, and the suspect got what she deserved. A dirt nap.
    "All roads, all codes!"

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    When ever I get pulled over, I roll down both front windows, shut off my vehicle and place the keys on the dashboard. Both hands are placed high on the streering wheel, in full view for the officer......all before he/she walks up to my window.
    I go one step further and put the park brake on, turn on my hazards, recline the passenger seat, throw my wallet into traffic, tape my registration to the back window, pop my hood, disconnect the battery, deflate all four tires then jack up the car and remove all for tires and throw them in the median, I pull my shirt over my head like they do in hockey fights, then I pull my pants and underwear down and around my ankles, I put my hands in the air and turn my back to the officer and slowly walk backwards toward him yelling at the top of my lungs,

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]I go one step further and put the park brake on, turn on my hazards, recline the passenger seat, throw my wallet into traffic, tape my registration to the back window, pop my hood, disconnect the battery, deflate all four tires then jack up the car and remove all for tires and throw them in the median, I pull my shirt over my head like they do in hockey fights, then I pull my pants and underwear down and around my ankles, I put my hands in the air and turn my back to the officer and slowly walk backwards toward him yelling at the top of my lungs,

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]
    I go one step further and put the park brake on, turn on my hazards, recline the passenger seat, throw my wallet into traffic, tape my registration to the back window, pop my hood, disconnect the battery, deflate all four tires then jack up the car and remove all for tires and throw them in the median, I pull my shirt over my head like they do in hockey fights, then I pull my pants and underwear down and around my ankles, I put my hands in the air and turn my back to the officer and slowly walk backwards toward him yelling at the top of my lungs,

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Don't you think engaging the parking brake is going a little overboard?
    No, that's just James being James...

I do the same, minus the keys. If it's night time, I turn on all of the inside lights. Because my jeep windows are tinted so dark I roll down the rear windows as well.

Just don't make any stupid, quick movements. Don't be bouncing all around the interior. Don't be trying to hide things, don't be making any kind of movements that appear to be sneaky in nature. These are known as furtive movements. Just relax and wait for them to walk up to you.

Go ahead...... mock me!

I still have very low insurance and a sqeeky clean driving record.

At the end of the day, they are doing a job that I am not willing to do, for very shitty pay.