Thread: Undelete my files - tool

Undelete my files - tool

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5904.html

"UndeleteMyFiles is a free tool to recover accidentally deleted files from hard disks, USB flash drives, CF and SD cards and other storage media.

UndeleteMyFiles is a quick and easy way to find and recover deleted media and digital devices.It employs a simplified two-step process that enables you recover any files that used to reside on your system.

The interface is very easy to use, just select the device that contains the files that need to be recovered and specify the folder to save the files to.

Features:

File Rescue - The File Rescue Wizard is a quick and easy way to find and recover deleted files from PC. It employs a simplified two-step process that enables you recover any files that used to reside on your system.
    Media Recover - The Media Recover Wizard is a quick and easy way to find and recover deleted media from PC and digital devices.It employs a simplified two-step process that enables you recover any files that used to reside on your system.

Delete File Search - The Advanced Delete File Search provides a great variety of specialized filters that allow you to find and work closely with specific deleted information and files.Recoverable items can be previewed beforehand, deleted file contents can be searched and organized in many ways, and entire directory structure may be recovered. There is an option of deleted disk partitions files and folders recovery.

Files Wiper - The Security Tools allow you to delete any files permanently without recovery.Also provide an option of Windows context menu integration.

Emergency Disk Image - The Emergency Disk Image can be a critical tool when salvaging lost data because it provides a way to save all data on a particular drive to a single file and recover intended items over time without risk of loss due to use of original drive. Disk images create an immediate usable snapshot and thus prevent deleted data from being overwritten by subsequent drive activity.
    Mail Rescue - Mail Recovery Wizard. "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bump... I might check this out tonight for a customer.

i was transferring some files to a friends computer and realized that there were a couple of files i did not want him to have so i deleted them. unfortunately i made a huge mistake and deleted them off of my external hard drive instead. then i reformatted the external hard drive and gave it to my son. well i found a program called "GET DATA BACK". i had my son return the hard drive to me (fortunately he had only loaded 100 megs onto it) and was able to recover all the files that i thought were lost in space, even though the drive had been reformatted.

i was amazed that i could recover all the files that i had thought were lost even after a reformat.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Thanks for the tip. Download GetDataBack here http://download.cnet.com/GetDataBack...-10061631.html

This external hard drive appears to have been partitioned incorrectly, losing data. The undelete my files tool didn't find anything, but this getdataback tool is currently going through and rebuilding the sectors and it appears that it will recover the files.

I'll post the results.

GetDataBack works very well, BUT you'll think you're about to restore all of your files and then it will drop the "purchase" bomb on you.

But it was very successful in restoring this data on a hard drive that appeared either partitioned incorrectly or formatted.

Thanks for the tip.

one word, torrent
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Yeah I wasn't going to mention that, but.... ahem... I use torrent-finder.info

I use Recuva and I'm very happy with it. It's from the same guys who make ccleaner and defraggler. Best part, it's FREE!!!!

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

How about you just stop deleting needed files?